deadlizard

MLB 2017

also since im here, twins are completely changing the direction of the club this offseason. no more will we be the last bastion of old school baseball, but instead will embrace sabermetrics full on with derek falvey at the helm. i couldnt be more excited.

i was expecting those rumors this winter cuz hed be a perfect fit here. kinda sounds like the ship has sailed though (and i wouldnt part with victor robles anyway. just in single A now but the guy has unreal potential) which sucks.

he almost certainly will be traded this winter though

the free agent market this winter is pretty bad so i think any trade candidates value is increased. pirates are apparently shifting him out of center next year, so that versatility might make him more appealing to some clubs. pirates arent gonna sell low on cutch, so itll depend how likely other teams think he is to come back close to his norms

a chris sale trade would be the real blockbuster

whoever trades for sale is probably gonna get boned (though if its the nats id probably take it!) because of the shelby miller precedent. sox probably wont trade sale for anything less than the braves got for the vastly inferior miller

id go after gray or chris archer instead. as good as sale is, emptying the farm for a starter is dicey

finally some justice in this world

i figure the cubs dudes got docked a bit for the defense/offense around them

while at the same time scherzer having all those W's must have helped

writers are weird