Sign in to follow this  
Holly Jolly Arse Magic

Menu Thread

24 minutes ago, ant man bee said:

In 9th grade, my friend's mom kept going on and on about this burger place out in the middle of nowhere. They advertised themselves as having the "biggest burgers in bama". 

She really, really wanted us to go, but she especially wanted this German exchange student, Alex, that we were friends with to go. The first thing we saw when we got there was a sign that said "Kill Bin Laden". This was only a few months after 9/11. So they placed the burger in front of Alex and he just had this blank stare because it was horrifically oversized and the patty stuck out an inch around the bun. She was getting really giddy and said "He loves it! He's never seen a burger that big!"

it's an optical illusion, they just use smaller buns

i had a dream last night that i had to go back to my college dining hall's website and read the menu (i used to do this a lot when i graduated and felt nostalgic)

so i just did and THE MENU IS NOT WORKING

they did have this pic which reminds me of why i sorta miss living in southern california

dining-hall-produce-sign.jpg

psycho and ocean like this

hey rochester boys @oil bitch @Parrot

http://www.lentorestaurant.com/menu-section-single-pdf/57/

BRUNCH

Seeded whole grain Thick Cut Toast

Sunflower seed butter and cranberry jam or cultured butter and marmalade - 4

Rye-Cornmeal buttermilk biscuit

honey-bourbon butter - 4
Add sausage gravy with fried egg - 4

Slow roasted apples and pears

Greek yogurt, honey, and toasted almonds - 7

"Knife and Fork" Sandwich

Braised winter vegetables, smokey cheddar gravy, two fried eggs - 10
Add crispy bacon - 3

Buckwheat Pancakes

Apple compote, spiced Creme Fraiche, local maple syrup - 8
"Hightower" - 4

Soft Scrambled Eggs

Leeks, spinach, First Light Feta, rosemary, grilled onion, Focaccia - 12

Steak and Eggs

4 oz 7 Bridges Farm steak, two fried eggs, crispy fried potatoes, horseradish salsa verde - 20

Warm Chopped Salad

Hearty greens, roasted squash and mushrooms, Jakes Gouda, fresh toasted croutons, mustard-sherry dressing, two fried eggs - 12

Housemade Pork Sausage

Spiced tomato sauce, cranberry beans, broccoli rabe, Pecorino Romano, grilled Focaccia - 13 

:eat: lol that toast just looks delicious 

IMG_2901.PNG

I've never been to that Lento. They are a bit pricey and cool. I've heard good things though. We have tons of brunch options around here. Rochester loves their brunch. That place is in a nice little area with tons of other restaurants and shops and psychics.

ocean likes this

1 hour ago, Lana Del Rey said:

What do people think of those menus with just a number and no currency symbol or pennies in the price? E.g.

Six onion rings        3

I think they are TERRIBLE.

Awful. You should be allowed to pay whatever you want at the end because the menu didn't state the prices properly.

Kindergarten Plop likes this

I got absolutely cucked the other week on holiday when I ordered some drink and then the waitress was saying they've got a new cocktail that isn't on the menu yet and started describing it - cherry and almond liquors and that - sounded like a Bakewell tart, which did sound mmm nice! Then she was like 'Oh, but it costs €2 more, is that okay?' and I said yes it was okay, but now three weeks later I'm still absolutely simmering about because it wasn't okay and I actually wanted what I had originally asked for.

ocean, Heart Space and banh mi like this

5 minutes ago, Lana Del Rey said:

I got absolutely cucked the other week on holiday when I ordered some drink and then the waitress was saying they've got a new cocktail that isn't on the menu yet and started describing it - cherry and almond liquors and that - sounded like a Bakewell tart, which did sound mmm nice! Then she was like 'Oh, but it costs €2 more, is that okay?' and I said yes it was okay, but now three weeks later I'm still absolutely simmering about because it wasn't okay and I actually wanted what I had originally asked for.

Also when she brought it, I thought it was just a red glass so I put my fingers around it to have a sip and she started laughing at me because it was a clear glass that for some reason had hibiscus powder stuck all over the outside and I was supposed to pick it up by a little bit at the bottom, and I had that shit all over my fingers. How was I supposed to know? Fuck's sake. I can't even remember her name or where it was, otherwise I'd be absolutely destroying her on Tripadvisor.

4 minutes ago, Lana Del Rey said:

Ooh they got you. They got you good. 

Anyone else seen this pathetic Tesco thing they started six months ago? Loads of posters and leaflets everywhere with some actors holding a 'family recipe' with some bullshit story about it. There are LOADS! Like this:

plc_image_pg.png?anchor=center&mode=crop

Anyway, they've obviously tried to include a load of minorities (although not in the obvious way, e.g. a white man making curry) but they clearly had a meeting recently where they discussed how to make some of them seem gay. How can you do that when for all we know Iain 'Proper' Croque Monsieur or Lisa 'Big Greek' Stew are gay?

Here's how. Two fabulous men making ice cream together:

Spoiler

8b67f17947c754e94e521111fb1b2554--dinner

Why are there two people in only that recipe and not the others?

They must have had another meeting where someone said it just wasn't gay enough, because a week later this one appeared:

Spoiler

DCyJG_bXUAYEMx3.jpg

Get it, they're gay? There wasn't enough room to fit both their gay t-shirts in the shot, but there are photos of them having fun together in the background, see? And they're touching. Because they're gay! A glimpse of a wedding ring. Also a disproportionately large train ticket.

The next one will have one man bending the other over the counter.

PC gone mad!

6 hours ago, Lana Del Rey said:

Anyone else seen this pathetic Tesco thing they started six months ago? Loads of posters and leaflets everywhere with some actors holding a 'family recipe' with some bullshit story about it. There are LOADS! Like this:

plc_image_pg.png?anchor=center&mode=crop

Anyway, they've obviously tried to include a load of minorities (although not in the obvious way, e.g. a white man making curry) but they clearly had a meeting recently where they discussed how to make some of them seem gay. How can you do that when for all we know Iain 'Proper' Croque Monsieur or Lisa 'Big Greek' Stew are gay?

Here's how. Two fabulous men making ice cream together:

Reveal hidden contents

8b67f17947c754e94e521111fb1b2554--dinner

Why are there two people in only that recipe and not the others?

They must have had another meeting where someone said it just wasn't gay enough, because a week later this one appeared:

Reveal hidden contents

DCyJG_bXUAYEMx3.jpg

Get it, they're gay? There wasn't enough room to fit both their gay t-shirts in the shot, but there are photos of them having fun together in the background, see? And they're touching. Because they're gay! A glimpse of a wedding ring. Also a disproportionately large train ticket.

The next one will have one man bending the other over the counter.

PC gone mad!

Not mad because there's gay people, just mad because they're clearly pandering to gay people

ocean likes this

Anyone else get a little bit irritated when they see "pommes frites" on a menu that's written in English? I understand when you see phrases like "au poivre," "amuse-bouches" and the like, but when I see "pommes frites," I can just see someone in the kitchen saying "but we can't serve French fries! we're too fancy for that!", and someone else saying "it's OK, we'll just call them pommes frites." Just serve the food that you want to serve and cut the pretense.

Kindergarten Plop and ocean like this