Sign in to follow this  
Holly Jolly Arse Magic

Menu Thread

This is a guess, but half the attendees were either Spanish, Cuban, or Americans who were at least semi-fluent in Spanish, and the other half were Scots who speak very little Spanish, so maybe they thought Scots wouldn't understand a fully Spanish menu, but they still wanted to include a bit here and there since they were making a big deal about the coming together of different cultures. The wee programme they gave out at the ceremony was mixed anaw.

Kindergarten Plop likes this

2 hours ago, Arse Magic said:

This is a guess, but half the attendees were either Spanish, Cuban, or Americans who were at least semi-fluent in Spanish, and the other half were Scots who speak very little Spanish, so maybe they thought Scots wouldn't understand a fully Spanish menu, but they still wanted to include a bit here and there since they were making a big deal about the coming together of different cultures. The wee programme they gave out at the ceremony was mixed anaw.

My wedding was also the coming together of two cultures but we consistently used one language on any signage.

ocean likes this

27 minutes ago, zuval said:

My wedding was also the coming together of two cultures but we consistently used one language on any signage.

SpXCaRt.png

I didn't offer up the  mere fact that it was the coming together of two cultures as the reason why two languages were used, I said they made a big deal about it being the coming together of two cultures and maybe that's why. A big deal the likes of which you've never seen! The mass was in two languages and so were the speeches. There were bagpipes playing outside the church and Spanish guitarists inside. They did whisky tasting and a tortilla competition. The parents of the bride were given a Scottish gift basket and the parents of the groom were given a Spanish gift basket. The wedding night sex involved buckfast and matador outfits (probably). It was a coming together of two cultures... to the max.

Just now, Arse Magic said:

SpXCaRt.png

I didn't offer up the  mere fact that it was the coming together of two cultures as the reason why two languages were used, I said they made a big deal about it being the coming together of two cultures and maybe that's why. A big deal the likes of which you've never seen! The mass was in two languages and so were the speeches. There were bagpipes playing outside the church and Spanish guitarists inside. They did whisky tasting and a tortilla competition. The parents of the bride were given a Scottish gift basket and the parents of the groom were given a Spanish gift basket. The wedding night sex involved buckfast and matador outfits (probably). It was a coming together of two cultures... to the max.

:lol:

Fair points, but a bit tetchy.