Sign in to follow this  
mnemosyne

liptip

i am considering getting a cheap liptip at some point in the next few months

not to replace my disktip, but to have a portable liptip which i can carry with me and use for the processing of words while i am on the go

a chromebook is an option. what are some other good options for liptips?

eeeezypeezy likes this

I just bought an old asus eee pc 1000HA off ebay for $40 and put a $40 SSD in it. Installed Xubuntu. Super portable and handles light-duty shit like word processing beautifully. Haven't tried to install Word or Excel yet, but I prefer to do my writing in a plaintext editor anyway. Currently using Notepadqq, a clone of Notepad++.

alien likes this

Nah it's just less distracting than having all those bells and whistles and autocorrections popping up and so on. Better to bang it out and then edit it later.

Might be why so much of my writing is in the form of message board posts on the internet.

alien likes this

hi I got a new liptip

this is the first new computer I have received that was not related to my place of employment in 10 years

it's a dell with windows 10

what should I do with this thing. 

like literally what are the basic things I need to do

On 12/15/2016 at 3:00 PM, eeeezypeezy said:

I just bought an old asus eee pc 1000HA off ebay for $40 and put a $40 SSD in it. Installed Xubuntu. Super portable and handles light-duty shit like word processing beautifully. Haven't tried to install Word or Excel yet, but I prefer to do my writing in a plaintext editor anyway. Currently using Notepadqq, a clone of Notepad++.

I agree with your reasons for using notepad. I keep my diary saved to an external hard-drive and yes it's a notepad document, I like the freedom of writing without anything to distract from continuing on. Often times we feel the need to 'fix' everything and it's funny because .... if I could see my favorite authors work without editing, that would be a dream.

eeeezypeezy likes this