Ody

What The Fuck Are You Listening To? How Is It? Thirsty?

3614-jackson-highway.jpg

I heard Cher’s (pretty good) version of Walk On Gilded Splinters more than 10 years ago and it’s taken me this long to look up what record it was on. Turns out it was recorded at Muscle Shoals with Jerry Wexler at the helm. Not quite the hidden gem I was hoping for but on top of her version of Gilded Splinters she has half decent stabs at Sitting On The Dock of the Bay, For What It’s Worth and Lay Lady Lay amongst others.

in a time when

we look to the CDC

for instructions on how best to die

I like to allow my romantic

poetic

beautiful

mind

listen to raindrops of sound:

t40634829-b305136339_s400.jpg

This is beautiful. Really glad I stumbled across this band the other night. Stereolab and Galaxie 500 are good reference points, but there are some more loping, textural things going on. Music that feels slower than it actually is. 

alien likes this

Working from home, listening to Spotify instead of my iTunes.

This is a Spotify "Top Recommendation" for me. I've discovered a few pretty great things with their recs, so I'll check this one out now. See how it is.

5 hours ago, I am a damn ass bunny said:

:( 

still though, must be nice to have hair like that

why was this my exact same thought?

4 minutes ago, John McClane said:

RideWeatherDiaries.jpg

Ride | Weather Diaries

Completely slipped through the cracks in terms of my listening for 2017. I like this for sure! Tracks on the new EP sound promising too!!

wtf yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

as i've mentioned before, i'm slowing going through my music collection and re-downloading/re-ripping everything to lossless.  it has given me the opportunity to re-discover a lot of stuff i hadn't listened to in years.  now, as you all know, despite liking all sorts of music, i unabashedly love almost all big-tier indie shit.  so, i downloaded and re-listened to a few Hold Steady albums (which was never something that really grabbed me in the first place back when it came out), but i'll tell you what the added fidelity finally made me able to hear?

this band is shit.  holy shit.  i mean, i guess the band is okay but man, the "literary" lyrics and the scene kids for album after album?  what the fuck? did people not make fun of this when it came out?

it's like the Drive-By Truckers but with characters where you want them to die instead of persevere.

eta: shit Patterson guested on one of their tracks!  didn't know he needed the money that bad!