Ody

What The Fuck Are You Listening To? How Is It? Thirsty?

8 hours ago, John McClane said:

Bee_Thousand.jpg

im not the biggest fan of the short-take bands (minutemen included) but I like this album. Good lo fi rockers and ballads!

goddamn this is a great album 

I like to listen to ALIEN LANES and BEE THOUSAND back to back. I don't even know which song is the last and first one in between.

Mr.Nobody, ocean and c.i. like this

a1337966286_10.jpg.30b0b057e79f355d7f6d654752b67e8b.jpg

The Citradels - God Bless

Psychedelic pop. I've given this a cursory listen already and thought it was pretty good, but I'm giving it a better listen now. Very much the modern take on classic psych.

5 hours ago, I am a damn ass buddy said:

goddamn this is a great album 

I like to listen to ALIEN LANES and BEE THOUSAND back to back. I don't even know which song is the last and first one in between.

i don't do that but i don't really have straight which songs are on which, there are a ton of good ones

PopTodd, Pregnant Chad and c.i. like this

5 minutes ago, c.i. said:

^^ I listened to that on my way into work.

been on a heckin Belle and Sebastian kick the past few days 

Weird, I spent one day this weekend listening to basically nothing but Belle and Sebastian, I hadn't even thought of them in years!

c.i. likes this

2 minutes ago, eeeezypeezy said:

Weird, I spent one day this weekend listening to basically nothing but Belle and Sebastian, I hadn't even thought of them in years!

they are an essential band for me, I return to a lot of their stuff pretty regularly.

their new EP and some of the other songs they've released are good! the whole project's shaping up to be their best thing since The Life Pursuit at least, imo.

14 minutes ago, I am a damn ass bunny said:

the thing you guys aren't realizing though is that I'm actually right and it's a bad album

So, which of these is not a good song?

• Game of Pricks
  • As We Go Up, We Go Down
  • A Good Flying Bird
  • Motor Away
  • A Salty Salute
  • My Valuable Hunting Knife
  • Always Crush Me
  • Watch Me Jumpstart
  • Chicken Blows
  • King and Caroline

Just to present you with a random assortment of more than 4 songs.

ocean and Pregnant Chad like this

5 minutes ago, I am a damn ass bunny said:

I don't think I ever really fully investigated belle & sebastian but I liked if you're feeling sinister and that singles comp back when I was a teen. also "step into my office baby" is a hell of a jam iirc

"Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying" is their best tune, IMO.

ocean likes this

5 minutes ago, Dale Nixon said:

motor away is a great song. i like gbv but i'm one of those assholes who wished they recorded on actual good equipment instead of a tape recorder because they have amazing songs*

*i realize they did this eventually but i am talking about bee thousand/alien lanes

I don't know. Something about those early lo-fi recordings... the fidelity ties it all together so well, so that they really work well as a complete albums; moreso than if they had been recorded on good equipment.

Although, as an individual song, it is great to listen to the Tigermilk version of "Game of Pricks" too. But, to listen to the complete albums, I prefer the lo-fi. Creates a mood.

Pregnant Chad likes this

61eDxYfegFL._SS500.jpg

When I was in HS, this was what I listened to, to dip my big toe into non-English language music. Was shocked at how much I loved it. Although it took another few years before I pursued any more (after hearing Tom Zé for the first time when I was just out of college).

pentachris likes this