Ody

What The Fuck Are You Listening To? How Is It? Thirsty?

95149-a-day-with-the-homies.jpg

Panda Bear, A Day With The Homies. Good God, why did he choose that title. Was there no one to stop him? Did his wife dare say, "Noah, honey, that title is...bad," or is Noah a violent tyrant?

The first song was fine, the second starts with nearly two minutes of a phased, distorted keyboard note straight off Playing With Fire before the drums kick in. Now he's singing. This song is pretty rad! Damn, there was a chord change and now there are some 808 (or 909?) claps, and I'm not a fan of digital claps most of the time. There should be clinic to clean up the urge to use them.

-justin likes this

listening to this lil peep playlist (rip) because of how i heard someone talk about how it was somehow a more effective way to listen to him than the album bc it's like mostly his own tracks but interspersed are these other songs that i guess he is influenced by or whatever and she specifically cited how listening to his music next to like sum 41 was really illuminating and it made me think how i pretty much got that exact vibe when i listened to his album, and it's mostly that kind of rock band he has on here, with just the one track from juicy j/the weeknd

1 hour ago, A Fine Bottle Of Wine said:

EE6C2602-BF52-485A-9711-344DFF0538C9.thumb.gif.642c61023fcb9daf83c731b1038bff9b.gif

On a trip down memory lane with this personal GOAT. This record was like my entire world back when I was 16. One of those records that opened my eyes and ears.

Essential listening for fans of artsy stuff ala Beefheart, Waits, etc.

Atease veterans, who was the weirdo from the netherlands or belgium who loved this band so much

deus were one of those bands that I saw a handful of people raving about on atease as if they were like the most important band in the world back in my impressionable days of Exploring Indie Music and literally have never seen mentioned anywhere else in life, ever

augie march is another one that comes to mind

c.i. likes this

11 hours ago, I am a damn ass bunny said:

deus were one of those bands that I saw a handful of people raving about on atease as if they were like the most important band in the world back in my impressionable days of Exploring Indie Music and literally have never seen mentioned anywhere else in life, ever

Its very much a local thing I guess. Over here press and people, especially in Belgium, still act like they are the most important / culturally relevant band around. Fact is they’ve got three good, one okay, two boring and one downright bad record and haven’t been good or relevant for more than ten years now.

Which doesn’t diminish anything about that record I talked about ‘cause that’s still fantastic.