Sign in to follow this  
lukin?

Hot Sports Tweets / Dumb Sports Comments

http://deadspin.com/dan-duquette-orioles-fans-hate-jose-bautista-prefer-1793519917

jesus fucking christ, duquette is lowkey one of the best GMs in baseball but this is ugly. why did he take the bait at all, let alone take it and go...there

Here’s a question to ponder: Why did Duquette decide to use Mark Trumbo, a guy who has so far played exactly one season in Baltimore, as an exemplar of the Orioles’ working-class values rather than, say, Adam Jones, an excellent player who has been the beating heart of the Orioles for many years now?

makes you think!

bautistas career path is also working class af

the guy was what, 28 before he became a regular, then proceeded to hit a billion home runs while playing a solid right field

how on earth is mark trumbo mr working class baseball

and is any fanbase dumb enough to root against a great player on their team cuz hes kinda cocky

especially cuz he could have said just he thought bautista wasnt worth his asking price (like 29 teams apparently thought!) instead of ceding decision making power to a bunch of drunk idiots

i still sorta root for the o's but man, baltimore makes a serious run at the worst sports city title

Gordon Hayward came out of the closet, finally, and admitted that he wanted to wear Boston Celtics green instead of, you know, the only colors he’s worn his entire career with the Utah Jazz. [Edit 10:16 PM ET: What’s in a closet? Clothes are in a closet. He is changing clothes - from a blue jersey to a green one. What do you do in a closet? You can sometimes hide in one. For about five hours today he, his management, and his representation hid his intentions in the closet making us speculate if he was going to come out wearing blue or green. And this went on after lying about where he was going, and his crew then attempted to do some PR spin after having the information leaked. Is there a double entendre? Yes! He went into the closet as the leader, but now we see him emerge as a follower. He wants to be the second banana. Sorry, I’ve been visiting family and I play a lot of hide and go seek right now with nephews and nieces under the age of five. An easy hiding spot is the closet. That is the closet on my mind, not some sexuality context for it. Not everything is about sex. This is a sports blog. Not a lifestyle blog. Metaphors are complex. What my intention is and your reception of what I write may often miss the mark. I’m not going to be angry with you if you don’t get what I write.] No longer wanting adoring media and a staring role, the seventh year player looked hard in the mirror and decided he wanted to be Player 2, and not Player 1. He let it all out on the Player’s Tribune.

ocean and deadlizard like this

what is it about pro sports that makes so many people unable to view it as a job with all the usual issues involved with a job

it cant just be the money because similar arguments arent made against highly paid CEOs

ocean likes this

1 hour ago, shakes said:

it cant just be the money because similar arguments arent made against highly paid CEOs

I would guarantee that the people who think athletes are too highly paid are the same ones who think CEOs deserve what they get

ocean likes this

one of the weirder ones i keep noticing is mets fans booing daniel murphy.  they shit on him like a traitor even though he wanted to come back but the team didnt offer him a contract!

imagine literally any other profession where youre expected to just quit the field because your current employer doesnt want you anymore

ocean likes this

7 minutes ago, C.I. said:

I would guarantee that the people who think athletes are too highly paid are the same ones who think CEOs deserve what they get

in a way it makes (backwards, baffling, inexplicable) sense, because thinking players are overpaid means thinking owners deserve even more

ban sports imo

it doesn't make sense but such is the hypocrisy of capitalism I guess. 

if you're a player, you're just working for the guy at the top. 

never mind he wouldn't be accomplishing shit without good players people want to see

its also funny how many athletes are the absolute textbook definition of bootstraps, yet they should apparently just be thankful to play a game for a living and let some rich cunt born a rich cunt take even more of the pie

deadlizard and ocean like this

yeah I think it's just good ol fashioned envy tbh along with people being overly invested in their favorite teams. like no one grew up playing little league business as a kid so it's not something your average joe relates to or thinks is easy to do, or rooting for walmart or w/e

And yeah booing ex-players should at least be reserved for players that forced their way out or left an equally good contract on the table

On 7/5/2017 at 3:03 PM, shakes said:

one of the weirder ones i keep noticing is mets fans booing daniel murphy.  they shit on him like a traitor even though he wanted to come back but the team didnt offer him a contract!

imagine literally any other profession where youre expected to just quit the field because your current employer doesnt want you anymore

On 7/5/2017 at 5:45 PM, deadlizard said:

yeah I think it's just good ol fashioned envy tbh along with people being overly invested in their favorite teams. like no one grew up playing little league business as a kid so it's not something your average joe relates to or thinks is easy to do, or rooting for walmart or w/e

And yeah booing ex-players should at least be reserved for players that forced their way out or left an equally good contract on the table

yeah hawks fans do this to players who left because another team offered them more and the hawks wouldn't pony up a matching offer, i like being there the first time someone comes back to lend cheers counteracting the boos