Sign in to follow this  
deadlizard

NFL 2017-2018

On 10/15/2017 at 3:51 PM, undeadlizard said:

the ball was loose when he crossed the line. it's not hard.

i mean, fuck the pats, especially those pats players immediately going to the refs after making the play

also i hate seeing the ball stripped and think any motions to swat the ball out the runner's hand should be illegal

but that replay is pretty clear cut!

While I disagree with your overly legalistic take that applies possession rules in a goal line context, the truly terrible part is wanting to ban stripping the football. That's good defense and an integral part of the game. 

2 hours ago, spookyface 👻 said:

the ball was loose when he crossed the line. it's not hard.

i mean, fuck the pats, especially those pats players immediately going to the refs after making the play

also i hate seeing the ball stripped and think any motions to swat the ball out the runner's hand should be illegal

but that replay is pretty clear cut!

lol what

we're used to this kind of nonsense determining a catch, but he was runner on the play and bobbled it for a second at worst

harcourt likes this

20 hours ago, count harcourtula said:

While I disagree with your overly legalistic take that applies possession rules in a goal line context, the truly terrible part is wanting to ban stripping the football. That's good defense and an integral part of the game. 

no that's tackling. you're thinking of tackling right now. good defense, integral to the game.

tackle the runner before he reaches the goal line. good d. real football.

19 hours ago, undeadlizard said:

lol what

we're used to this kind of nonsense determining a catch, but he was runner on the play and bobbled it for a second at worst

too bad he bobbled it for the second he was in the end zone and didn't regain control until he was out of it again!

Ok. I can admit that. I've never been cut out to play linebacker. 

Long distance running and cycling is more my bag. Pretty boring to watch on television, tho.  

trades like that annoy me

kinda baffled they couldn’t get anything more for him? he’s not having a great year but his team isn’t good, could see him doing some damage for philly

lol wasnt blount doing decent too

2 minutes ago, lukin? said:

trades like that annoy me

kinda baffled they couldn’t get anything more for him? he’s not having a great year but his team isn’t good, could see him doing some damage for philly

lol wasnt blount doing decent too

Blount is fine, but oh my god i dont think i've ever seen him block and Wentz has been taking some hits.

Does ajayi really block? That would make me love the trade 

I do like it a lot because howie gave up so little for a talented player... but ajayi kinda requires 15-25 touches to break a few big ones and dominant a game and the Eagles haven't committed that many touches to a RB consistently since shady. Would be a huge shift from the current RBBC approach 

5 minutes ago, Roger Sterling said:

Does ajayi really block? That would make me love the trade 

I do like it a lot because howie gave up so little for a talented player... but ajayi kinda requires 15-25 touches to break a few big ones and dominant a game and the Eagles haven't committed that many touches to a RB consistently since shady. Would be a huge shift from the current RBBC approach 

from what i've heard, he at least puts effort into blocking

and idk, Blount has been getting about 15 carries a game and in general, RBs have been getting around 25 carries a game. it's not a rush heavy offense for sure, but I think there's a desire to establish one