c.i.

WHAT'S ON?? TV show catchall thread

discuss TV shows itt that maybe don't need their own threads. Shit like "Alaskan Trucker Sex Ring" and second-tier Showtime nonsense.

speaking of the latter I watched the first two episodes of Penny Dreadful last night which was surprisingly good.

TNT cop show called Major Crimes, starring Mary McDonnell.  It's really good actually! They had a really silly episode this past Monday, called Brewster's Millions :lol:

There was a dead woman with a little yappy Maltese, named Falcon, and she'd left all her money to it, and the episode starts with someone murdering the dog with a poisoned crab cake.

It was nice seeing a Serious Actress like McDonnell in scenes with exchanges like:

Sharon: Marcella Brewster is legally dead and I have every right to examine her head.

Taylor: But Eternal Meadows says that now that Marcella has been thawed out she can never be frozen again.

Provenza: It's the same with chicken or fish.

Penny Dreadful has been consistently great, Green is killing it (there was a lot more possession stuff in the last ep). 

otherwise i've been watching Catfish which is maybe the most ridiculous thing on TV

good to hear that Penny Dreadful keeps it up, probably will watch another ep or two tonight. :popcorn:

when we're not watching PRESTIGE TELEVISION my fiance and I are basically just huge HGTV and Food Network sluts.

like, Cutthroat Kitchen. I feel like that show should be a lot better than it is.

I love Property Brothers and Love It Or List It.

The original Canadian version only.

I like both of these enough to turn them on, and I realize this is a dumb complaint, but we ALREADY KNOW THEY CAN'T AFFORD THE FIRST HOUSE and/or WE KNOW THEY H8 THE FIRST TWO HOUSES.

:lol: yes those things are so predictable it's not even funny.

The property brothers are going to show them a house that's 1.5 million dollars and the couple is going to love it and be just SHOCKED that it's so expensive, because apparently no one appearing on the show has ever seen the show before.

I like both of these enough to turn them on, and I realize this is a dumb complaint, but we ALREADY KNOW THEY CAN'T AFFORD THE FIRST HOUSE and/or WE KNOW THEY H8 THE FIRST TWO HOUSES.

yeah lol still enjoyable on occasion

oh my god, i've spent so much time watching property brothers and love it or list it  that i have to go on demand to find ones i haven't seen. rehab addict is another good one.

does anyone watch catfish? this past season has been wildly entertaining.

does anyone watch catfish? this past season has been wildly entertaining.

i just jumped in on this season and am loving it. that woman who catfished her cousin for three years!!! why can't any of these people use google?!?! it's brilliant.

oh my god, i've spent so much time watching property brothers and love it or list it that i have to go on demand to find ones i haven't seen. rehab addict is another good one.

yeah rehab addict love her!

and also nicole is so cute ^_^

yes :3

The thing I love about Rehab Addict is that NIcole is just a little bit insane. Like when she insists on using 60-year-old, half termite-eaten boards from the attic on the side of a cupboard for absolutely no reason. She's just so energetic and adorable that you just kind of have to go along with it.

i just jumped in on this season and am loving it. that woman who catfished her cousin for three years!!! why can't any of these people use google?!?! it's brilliant.

Yeah, that one was great. The best part was when out of nowhere she dropped her voice like 2 octaves to the voice she'd been using on her cousin :| Absolutely out of control.

last rehab addict I saw she stopped a pickup truck driving by, traded them an old fridge and $60 for a claw foot tub, and she paid them partially in euros. the whole thing was partially staged but the two dudes in the truck did seem legitimately "wtf" about the euros :lol:

Had a cute conversation with coworker today when he said he was thinking about building a treehouse ostensibly for his son but mostly for himself. I guessed correctly that he was in love with Treehouse Masters

eastbound was good the first season but the second just seemed terrible mostly and I never tried the third. 

It got a bit better. Still made me laugh but there was a good amount of repetitive/dumb shit that wasn't interesting

Ive really enjoyed the episodes I've seen of miss fisher's murder mysteries. Sometime id like to watch them all as I've missed more than half but each episode is like a mystery novel it doesn't really matter if you miss a few they aren't really reliant on continuity much

Major Crimes has gotten very good in its second season.  I liked it before, but it's like appointment television now, best procedural since the original Law and Order imo.  This is all order though, occasionally you'll see the DA cut a deal but mostly it's investigation -> confession.

I have Sharknado 2 on my DVR, think I might have to have some clever friends over and split a jug of Carlo Rossi and watch that turd.

I'm actually kinda bummed to hear that "Penny Dreadful" is good because I considered watching it when it started up and didn't and now I'm behind. And with keeping up on stuff like "The Leftovers" and "The Strain" (still not sure how I feel about that one), along with my regular shows, it's just too much to catch up on right now.

Been seeping back into "NOVA" again lately. I'm big on space and quantum mechanics so that's a pretty solid show to keep up with my nerddom. They've also got some really interesting animal eps now and then, like how crows are understatedly smart and have weird habits like "crow funerals." Very interesting stuff...

I should probably check out House of Cards. I finished Orange is the New Black and Hemlock Grove (not normally my shit but I watched it all for whatever reason).

Should definitely watch House of Cards, yeah. Was Hemlock Grove that bad?

these days I spend far more time watching serial dramas than films, which I feel kind of shitty about, but idk. I like investing in a story I can continue to follow for a while. 

sherlock probably struck out with the second ep though, works well as a thriller I suppose but I'll be damned if I'm going to watch another 90 minute episode of it.