c.i.

WHAT'S ON?? TV show catchall thread

My problem with TV shows is they take too much time.  It's rare that I start watching a TV show and think my time wouldn't have been better spent watching a few classic movies instead.

this

just watched all of Rome though

Does anyone watch Under the Dome? It's my guilty sci-fi pleasure. I really dig the second season so far.

Also, watched the first season of the TV adaptation of The 100 and am really digging that too - again, guilty pleasure, cheesy sci-fi.

I watched the beginning of season 2, and it did get more interesting, but they've totally ditched all pretense of sticking to the novel at this point and I feel like I don't really give a shit what happens to any of those characters so I just stopped.

Junior's evil and then he's good again! Big Jim is the big bad guy but wait, maybe he isn't!  Oh wait he is, syke, no he's not!  We killed that girl from season one who died on like page 20 of the book anyway, and the guy who did it is a new character we added just to get out of the corner we painted ourselves into!  You've seen better acting on soap operas and none of the characters seem to have any motivation beyond setting up each episode's cliffhanger!  

I'm just so done.  :P

Watched one of the new Beavis and Butt-Head episodes last night with my son.

At one point I was laughing so hard that I literally had him fearing for my life. I missed about half the episode because I couldn't stop.

So Bojack Horseman ended up being really great, the last two episodes of the season were amazing

I've heard. I need to start this. I watched the premiere of Utopia at my parents last night. I don't really do reality television but I was interested enough becasue the people were batshit crazy. The premise is sort of interesting.

How has season 2 of The Bridge been? I've only seen the first episode, if there's a consensus that it's gone shit I might not bother with it just now.

I know it has it's own thread but I want to avoid spoilers.

kyle says the bridge has been good, I think. I watched the premier and couldn't muster up enough care to return for more. had them all recording, but my DVR had an aneurysm last night and erased all of my recordings, so now I will never see it.

I watched two of Bojack Horseman and it seemed just absolutely terrible

idk, the bridge is in a weird place right now. like i'm pretty sure it's technically better than it was last season and it did a good job fixing some of its most glaring problems, but it's also losing sight of  what originally made it so compelling (the marco/sonya pairing, the rougher edges of sonya's character, the sun-bleached cinematography) and i find myself caring less and less about it. there's also so much going on that you can feel the writers not quite knowing how much attention to give each individual plot/character, which results in interesting stuff getting the short end of the stick and vice versa. i'm waiting to see how it ends, but i'm not expecting my final take on it to be as glowing as it was towards the beginning of the season.

Thinking about expanding my viewership, haven't really started anything new other than comedies since Games of Thrones started.

Favorites: Louie, Mad Men, The Wire, Breaking Bad, Sopranos, Curb, Arrested, Community, Tim and Eric

Wondering if these are worth digging into: Fargo, Masters of Sex, The Leftovers...anything else?

Wondering if these are worth digging into: Fargo, Masters of Sex, The Leftovers...anything else?

all are worth it imho

Fargo was probably the "best" in terms of, damn, that's some good TV.

but I would take the Leftovers for slightly irrational reasons. that's been a love-or-hate kind of show for folks, seemingly.

Masters of Sex is solid though I can't find myself to actually care about it. bunch great performances, sets, etc, but I'm constantly at arm's length.

I'm definitely game for some Fargo at this point.

The reports for Masters of Sex seem a bit similar to those of Boardwalk Empire, a show I appreciate but can never fully accept. This one is about sex, though. Maybe it will hold my attention? 

The Leftovers seems like an investment. 

other than lizzy caplan being naked every so often i'm not sure if masters of sex would be something i'd be into, but that's probably wrong

gotta catch up on the leftovers, i like it but can't warm up to it fully, doesn't feel like must-see tv tbh

fargo is awesome

gonna try to finish s2 of twin peaks and finally watch the sopranos lol

I started Fargo last night with the wife. The film is most likely in my top 10, so...big shoes, but the pilot did not disappoint in the least.

How do we all feel about Hannibal? We watched Manhunter the other night, so it seems like a fitting time to check this out.