Sign in to follow this  
deafheavensunbather

insanely good popes

On 3/1/2017 at 4:06 PM, Cardinal Voiello said:

I'd be a Sixtus, after Sixtus IV, whose corruption should land him in this thread (although I hear he was regarded as above reproach as a cardinal) but MAINLY because of his portrayal in Da Vinci's Demons. His introduction saw him emerge naked from a heated pool in the Vatican in order to pummel someone in the face while shouting "KISS MY FUCKING RING." 

Inspirational :tear:

damn will we ever get a sixtus the sixth?

On 3/1/2017 at 4:34 PM, dhsb said:

note a common theme in these illustrations: clergy members watching the acts of torture intently,  writing on paper while they do so.

a9f1e009fe4238e0b3b3bd53331cf53a.jpg

On 3/1/2017 at 5:17 PM, dhsb said:

mennonites are among my favorites, but i have a strong preference for the rigid formality of the liturgy

Episcopalians got the liturgical formality without all the bullshit dogma on lock

On 3/16/2017 at 1:05 PM, Demons Sing Love Songs said:

:lol: i did it before you responded but looks like you opened/read it before the edit!

ok yeah i guess if theannextm.com had real-time updates the pages would be a lot harder to load 

4 hours ago, Demons Sing Love Songs said:

Cat Fact 34: In the 15th century, Pope Innocent VIII began ordering the killing of cats, pronouncing them demonic.

what the fuck man

Cats were persecuted throughout the middle ages, thought of as witch's familiars or a form of the devil.

They were burned and killed on sight at one point. Then rodent vermin grew out of control and the plague happened lmao Europe played itself

Growing up in a Fundamentalist Christian Church with the understanding that the end was nigh, my father was certain that the Antichrist would be a pope named Peter II.

So that pope is my favorite since whoever is the antichrist is awesome and I long to do his bidding. 

6+6+6 = 18

Heil Peyton.

eeeezypeezy likes this