Sign in to follow this  
seanlewis

Vegetarian fud

10 hours ago, psycho said:

has anyone here tried jackfruit as a meat substitute? https://www.lazycatkitchen.com/pulled-jackfruit-tacos/

Yes, but never at home, only in restaurants. Some of the best Vegan food I've had was with jackfruit, makes a great pulled pork style alternative, just season it correctly and you won't miss porky pig at all. I don't even know how easy it is to even purchase it in England though, so I've never even thought of using it. 

went for breakfast before work with some friends who still have off and are braving the cold for a hike today.. i had the vegetarian biscuits and gravy, which substitutes mushrooms and spinach for the sausage, delicious af

alien likes this

I did veganism for four entire years and did vegetarianism for nine years. Now I eat anything without remorse because I am way too poor and subsist mostly on random items from the food pantry and whatever I can afford to make meals with those random items. I don't qualify for food stamps in my state because I make $12,000/year! Rich bitch over here!

ocean likes this

Thread title reminds me of all the signs posted around the machine shop where my dad used to work, it took me forever to finally ask him what the hell FOD was but there were all these signs saying STOP FOD and ONLY YOU CAN PREVENT FOD and that kind of thing. It means "Foreign Object Damage." :lol: I was imagining some kind of villain.

psycho, pentachris, ocean and 1 other like this

8 minutes ago, eeeezypeezy said:

Thread title reminds me of all the signs posted around the machine shop where my dad used to work, it took me forever to finally ask him what the hell FOD was but there were all these signs saying STOP FOD and ONLY YOU CAN PREVENT FOD and that kind of thing. It means "Foreign Object Damage." :lol: I was imagining some kind of villain.

We had an auto body shop on our property and it also contained interesting signs. Especially this one. Since everything before that point was literally just a room with a generator in it and all the good stuff was beyond that point. I never understood that. 

Here's a pic of vegetarian fud so I stay on topic. It's a super spicy tasty ass curry dish from Bahn Thai in Madison, WI.
I learned to order it to go because otherwise if I ate it while in the restaurant my tears and snot would flow too freely and I felt bad using the cloth napkin to clean myself. Also I would always be there alone and would face the wall while devouring my meal. Thankfully I've never been ashamed of going places alone.

0511081123c.jpg

0528091128a.jpg

eeeezypeezy, psycho, flavor and 1 other like this

would eat the hell out of that

definitely try to make sure i have plenty of paper napkins around while eating spicy food and/or hot liquids but when i go to a restaurant to eat pho by myself i'm pretty much all in on the tears and snot flowing

alien likes this

15 hours ago, dregs said:

been on the vegan diet since thursday, albeit with one or two dairy-inclusive "cheats" (shared with deafheavensunbatheher)

not doing too bad! though i wanted some damn beef in my tacos on NYE

Instead of it being either all or nothing, why not just... eat beef tacos on NYE without feeling bad about it? It's mental to think of it as a choice between either never eating crap or mostly eating crap. You're not going to get fat or get bowel cancer (or whatever reason it is that you didn't eat it for) by having something once like that. Just have a bit now and then, you'll be happier for it and probably more likely to stick to a healthier diet the rest of the time. God bless x

psycho and c.i. like this

On 1/3/2018 at 9:28 AM, Ploppy New Year said:

Instead of it being either all or nothing, why not just... eat beef tacos on NYE without feeling bad about it? It's mental to think of it as a choice between either never eating crap or mostly eating crap. You're not going to get fat or get bowel cancer (or whatever reason it is that you didn't eat it for) by having something once like that. Just have a bit now and then, you'll be happier for it and probably more likely to stick to a healthier diet the rest of the time. God bless x

Sounds like you might be a... FLEXITARIAN

BEAST and Kindergarten Plop like this

"Flexitarian" really is silly, it describes being a normal-ass omnivore with healthy eating habits. Are we really so far down the chicken tendies rabbit hole that we need a special word for not eating meat every meal?