Sign in to follow this  
Moon

Persona 5

On 4/9/2017 at 11:57 PM, Hentai67 said:

This is all I play now. The constructed dungeons pretty much eliminated the most tedious aspect of past persona games. I look forward to them now. 

are they similar to Tokyo Mirage Sessions dungeons?

1 hour ago, ant man bee said:

are they similar to Tokyo Mirage Sessions dungeons,

Pretty similar but more engaging and defined. Each one feels significantly different than the other and the thief motif is very well integrated

I started this last night. The opening hours do a really good job of holding your attention and it doesn't feel like a slow start even though they're easing you into to the game at a relaxed pace. 

Soundtrack is incredible too. 

Yeah, naked truth lies

only if you realize

Appearing in nobody's eyes

till they sterilize

Stop the guerrilla

warfare to keep it fair

Bro, change your rage to a smarter greater cause

You know the stake is high stardom is near

Those who sympathized you die killers pass by

Do not waste your time in hating flirting guys

Use your might to AIs do justice to them all

ant man bee likes this

I finally started this as well and I really like it so far. I'm a late-comer to the SMT series. I started smt IV last year and absolutely loved it so I'm excited to get back into it.

the poor protagonist is catching so much shit just for protecting a lady in distress. This is a real Con Air situation. 

Moon likes this

Spoiler

And he's a pedo too! 

I also like the characters more than I thought I would. Half-expected to not like Ryuji going in but I like him a bit more now and Ann seems pretty cool. 

That's really encouraging to hear. I've heard nothing but good things about the rest of the cast that you meet along the way as well.

People seem to have it pegged at 100+ hours which is insane but I can see that going by very fast. 

37 minutes ago, Hentai67 said:

tbh Ryuji and Ann are prob my least favorite of the characters I've met

I've put 30+ hours in and I feel like I'm hardly half way? My biggest problem so far is I cant decide between Makoto and Hifumi

Dan with the garbage waifus

shocker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 hours ago, Moon said:

That's really encouraging to hear. I've heard nothing but good things about the rest of the cast that you meet along the way as well.

People seem to have it pegged at 100+ hours which is insane but I can see that going by very fast. 

My buddy has over 70 hours and he estimates his completion around 100. I'm currently playing Nier Automata before I start this monster of a game. 

Just finished the first dungeon and just made it by at level 10 B). Feel like the game opened up a bit more too.  

That was really fun though. I love how they keep building on the simple combat system. Figuring out the elemental stuff for each enemy is pretty fun. Also cribbing the negotiation system from other SMT games makes it really dynamic. I only played a bit of SMT IV when it came out but I didn't get very far. This seems much more manageable though. 

ant man bee likes this

24 minutes ago, ant man bee said:

i started the second palace. this game is amazing.

I'm glad they included the negotiation system because after playing 70 hours of smt iv it never stopped being weird 

Keep this in mind while playing btw:

tinazia9lzpy.jpg

ant man bee likes this

Really need to increase my kindness and guts. Getting locked out of stuff left and right. I'm fucking terrible at the baseball minigame so that's out of the question. Guess I'll just keep doing that burger challenge. 

Just got to the second rank in 'knowledge' though.