Sign in to follow this  
Moon

Persona 5

Is the second dungeon way shorter than the first one? I'm apparently halfway through in one sitting and it feels like this character arc is moving along at a much faster pace than Kamoshida's was. 

I'm almost 20 hours in and I'm just about closing in on the end of the second palace. This game could be 200 long and I'd still never want it to end. I've never been bored. It's giving Zelda a run for it's money for GOTY and I never thought it would have any serious competition. 

Beat that second boss. It was tough. It got better when I realized that attacks that damage all enemies are worth it even if the elemental ones heal some of the other enemies simultaneously. 

I should really by more items that give me buffs/debuff enemies. 

Feel like they're finally laying the groundwork to make makoto a party member. 

The mementos are actually fun. Expected them to be the Persona equivalent of Bloodborne's chalice dungeons but they're a lot more fleshed out.  I'm honestly struggling to think of even minor complaints that I have with this game but I can't other than the localization being a little rough in spots and even that's pretty rare. 

2 minutes ago, Moon said:

I'm honestly struggling to think of even minor complaints that I have with this game but I can't other than the localization is a little rough and even that's pretty rare. 

Yeah i remember a portion where they were prounouncing Takamaki differently every time :lol: 

I keep getting my ass handed to me, I try to press on when I have barely any SP left. I need to just leave the Palace and recharge. I'm new to Persona so all of the battle mechanics I have to learn, you really can not fight worth a shit with out SP. A lot of other JRPGs you can muscle through with out magic but not here, at least not early on. I just fought the knight in the chapel and on my way to the tower in the first Palace. The game is insanely addictive. 

be sure to make effective use of the baton pass so you don't have your main character wasting his sp

the beginning of that game is harder considering you might be missing some personas you need to target weakness. It gets considerably easier (at least for a while).

some of my personas have crit-boosting skills so that's effective if you fight an enemy that has no elemental weaknesses and you need to knock it down

Moon likes this

The lack of save rooms in the third palace really makes it tough. :obama: 

But I've gotten better at the combat and I've realized that the attack/defense de-buffs really go a long way in saving your ass. I feel like I see a lot of people complaining about one hit kills but they're easily avoidable if you're smart about de-buffing/buffing. 

17 minutes ago, Moon said:

The lack of save rooms in the third palace really makes it tough. :obama: 

But I've gotten better at the combat and I've realized that the attack/defense de-buffs really go a long way in saving your ass. I feel like I see a lot of people complaining about one hit kills but they're easily avoidable if you're smart about de-buffing/buffing. 

yeah i haven't really run into any broken/OP skills. As long as you debuff attack, you should be fine. 

If you guys haven't you should max out your confidant level with Mishima, the phan site guy. His confidant thing is time limited and he gives really good passives

Finished the third place last night. That last boss was a breeze. Especially compared to the first two main bosses.

btw has anyone upgraded their social link with sojiro beyond level 2? I've given up on talking to him because it never levels up.  

15 minutes ago, Jonathan Trott said:

Btw one of these questions is valid, can everyone guess which one?

the map has been that way in the other two smt games i've played, and I'm also not a fan of it, but I've gotten used to it

stick with this game. it keeps getting better

1 hour ago, Moon said:

btw has anyone upgraded their social link with sojiro beyond level 2? I've given up on talking to him because it never levels up.  

I'm at level three with him. He tells you that he wants to talk to you, but you have to show him that you can make coffee first.