Sign in to follow this  
Moon

Persona 5

yeah those are pointless, and dont really serve to prepare you for when choices actually matter. IE, if you say the right things with social links, they like it more and level their link faster, making you waste less time in general. 

1 hour ago, Guy Sato said:

About six hours in now. Just got to the part where there's a discussion about how the teacher objectifying women is very bad, then the girl in the party changes onto a tight little suit with her tits hanging out.

multiply this by 100 hours and you basically have ann's entire character arc

Kindergarten Plop likes this

2 hours ago, mnemosyne said:

multiply this by 100 hours and you basically have ann's entire character arc

:lol: pretty much. To be fair, i immediately changed her to her school clothes for the rest of the game

BUT not to be outdone, Haru shows up to be even more boring

Moon and Kindergarten Plop like this

11 minutes ago, wahdiohead said:

:lol: pretty much. To be fair, i immediately changed her to her school clothes for the rest of the game

BUT not to be outdone, Haru shows up to be even more boring

I didn't even know you could do this :facepalm:

Maybe for the enhanced edition they can add Hifumi as a party member :FeelsGood-min:

Just now, mnemosyne said:

Maybe for the enhanced edition they can add Hifumi as a party member :FeelsGood-min:

I read she was intended to be, but they thought that'd make the game too long :mj: imagine that
cant imagine binning her and keeping Haru

Is it normal to feel very confused indeed in the first ten hours of this? It seems to handle like your standard RPG, but there's so much information about personas (I combined one but didn't even understand what I was doing) and elements and negotiating and all that. Also, I got a job and it says it's a day time job, but do I have to remember to go to work at a specific time or something? I know it's a convenience store, but nothing else. I went to the palace after school and then left and went to bed, but I haven't heard anything about the job. Please help!

2 hours ago, Guy Sato said:

Is it normal to feel very confused indeed in the first ten hours of this? It seems to handle like your standard RPG, but there's so much information about personas (I combined one but didn't even understand what I was doing) and elements and negotiating and all that. Also, I got a job and it says it's a day time job, but do I have to remember to go to work at a specific time or something? I know it's a convenience store, but nothing else. I went to the palace after school and then left and went to bed, but I haven't heard anything about the job. Please help!

Did you like the character 'slave in shorts'? 

4 hours ago, Guy Sato said:

For negotiating you need to bear this in mind

0wpRDmm.jpg

The most important things when fusing Personas is to transfer their best skills to the new one and to make sure you have a good range of elements and buffs/debuffs. They're very good in this game, unlike in most games where they're often pretty worthless

Kindergarten Plop likes this

24 minutes ago, Heart Space said:

If you don't use that then it's almost completely random, and it gets really annoying trying to negotiate with them and failing. You still end up getting it wrong anyway because the game has a very strange idea of what funny/kind/serious/vague answers are

yeah i felt like this may have been due to localization

I didn't realize how much this game throws at you considering I was familiar from playing the previous 2. My strategy with Palaces was always to just power through as much as you can right away and then do whatever else you want until the deadline

9 minutes ago, wahdiohead said:

My strategy with Palaces was always to just power through as much as you can right away and then do whatever else you want until the deadline

Yeah, this is how to do it. Later on there are ways to restore your SP without leaving a palace, which lets you get through them in 1-2 days. It can be kind of slog but it's worth it. It's also worth looking through a list of confidants and their bonuses to figure out which ones you want to focus on.

I will say palaces are much less of a slog than previous Persona dungeons, P3 in particular

just a general tip. if i remember, the phantom thieves fan (Mishima? i think) has a semi time sensitive confidant deadline. His bonuses are super helpful too

Secured the route to the first treasure room with two days left... turns out it wasn't enough time! Why have a deadline in the calendar if you need to actually do it at least THREE days before that? What a shitty game :lol: Might start the whole thing again because I know I shouldn't waste the evenings working or reading now, plus I can't even remember what I was doing a week ago. 12 hours down the toilet.

Nobody told me anything specific except for that pointless cheat sheet that I didn't even need! I didn't use it once and I don't think I ever failed capturing anything because it's so very obvious how you're supposed to respond to them. You shouldn't have to tell me about it anyway, the game should! The deadline the game gives should be the date you have to secure the route by, since you don't actually know about the calling card needing a day until you're actually at that point, or that you need to wait another day after that too. The game holds your hand an unnecessary amout regarding everything else up until that point anyway, why not give hints about what you need to do by certain dates instead of just vague mentions of 'Don't leave it too late'?

Just googled it and it seems loads of people have experienced this and are very angry indeed with Atlus for it. I wish I'd bought the physical disc instead so I could snap it in half.

ihaveproblems‽ likes this

I finished most palaces with around 12 days left or so. I mainlined them all and did all of the social stuff after. :shrug: 

Though the one that I'm on now is taking a lot longer to finish. 

13 hours ago, Guy Sato said:

Nobody told me anything specific except for that pointless cheat sheet that I didn't even need! I didn't use it once and I don't think I ever failed capturing anything because it's so very obvious how you're supposed to respond to them. You shouldn't have to tell me about it anyway, the game should! The deadline the game gives should be the date you have to secure the route by, since you don't actually know about the calling card needing a day until you're actually at that point, or that you need to wait another day after that too. The game holds your hand an unnecessary amout regarding everything else up until that point anyway, why not give hints about what you need to do by certain dates instead of just vague mentions of 'Don't leave it too late'?

Just googled it and it seems loads of people have experienced this and are very angry indeed with Atlus for it. I wish I'd bought the physical disc instead so I could snap it in half.

:cobbed: