Sign in to follow this  
Moon

Persona 5

:angry:

It's just annoying because I was getting ploper into it, and now I can't be bothered with it at all. I suppose I can mostly skip through the dialogue when I start from the beginning next time, so that should shave off a few hours. It's just counter-intuitive, the way the game kept going on and on about preparing for battle by doing activities to upgrade stats. Usually in games you prepare for fights and then fight, not the other way around! And I don't think I've ever played a game with a deadline where you're presented with extra necessary tasks that you're unable to complete even though you're earlier than the deadline. In Harvest Moon or Stardew Valley, when you've got a deadline in terms of producing something for a certain date, it's obvious that you need to take into consideration the time it takes to grow and pick that thing. But you wouldn't take a pumpkin to someone three days before they need it to then be told, 'Sorry! I actually wanted ten pumpkins, I didn't bother to tell you until now, too bad you can't grow them in time!' I think anyone whose first Persona game this is and didn't fuck it up just did it by chance, or they were trying to rush through the game. I thought that doing the palace too early would make it skip the remaining days until the deadline, and I didn't want THAT.

2 minutes ago, wahdiohead said:

doesnt it start you 7 days till the deadline if you fail anyway, why start over?

Because I did almost all of the dungeon about 6-7 days before and if I have to go through all of that anyway I might as well just do the beginning too where I can skip through the dialogue/training but also spend my evenings more wisely (such as not going to work).

tbh i dont think you can use it much more efficiently in the early game. Work isnt useless tho.  I'd prioritize stat boosting activities, but don't most jobs do that too?

anything that raises intelligence is good early on. Until you open a bunch of confidants, your're not going to be spoiled for choice

Yeah I don't think it's worth starting all over again, whatever you were doing has some value and it's far too early in the game to be worried about maximising everything and spending your time optimally. 

Also, there's a free healing items DLC thing you can get and one of the items sells for a lot of money (50,000 Yen?). I did it, I'm assuming it's still a thing and also available on the PS4 version. I didn't really work that much in the game when I was playing it, it's not THAT important to get everyone new equipment all of the time and you earn a lot of money just by going through the dungeons and picking up things to sell

29 minutes ago, Guy Sato said:

I had new melee, guns and armour for everyone by the time I got to finishing the palace anyway.

Maybe I won't start over again then. Thank you, everyone :) So helpful and friendly.

another small tip: guns aren't worth upgrading consistently imo. You'll end up using them mostly to hit weaknesses and not to deal damage.

Kindergarten Plop and Moon like this

I think a lot of my issues with it would be resolved if they stuck a few save rooms in those sections where it's literally all just hallways. There's not even interesting puzzles along the way or anything. It's all just walking down hallways and battles against really strong enemies.  

It's just a baffling design choice. Who would ever think that's fun? And I say this as someone who's enjoyed all of the previous palaces to varying degrees.   

Still on this fucking Shido palace. Just got to the 

Spoiler

Akechi boss fight. With a mini-boss right before that

I got to his third phase but I'm all out of SP and really don't want to do all of this again :spongebob: . How is this palace bad in so many different ways? 

9 minutes ago, Your Favorite Annex Boarder (me) said:

Still on this fucking Shido palace. Just got to the 

Reveal hidden contents

Akechi boss fight. With a mini-boss right before that

I got to his third phase but I'm all out of SP and really don't want to do all of this again :spongebob: . How is this palace bad in so many different ways? 

Uggh I was so relieved cuz I barely had enough SP to beat him... then he had another phase. Barely beat that one, and then he had yet another phase!

6 hours ago, mnemosyne said:

get the sp adhesives from takemi!!!!!

For some reason the game never let me progress that relationship enough to get those  :( 

Okay, made it to the final boss... unfortunately it's one of those things where you just gotta hope he doesn't use his insta-death move on Joker

Also word of warning - stock up on items while you can cuz in the final area it's not possible to restock :S 

Moon likes this

On 11/25/2017 at 12:49 PM, lukin? said:

just got this game

for the first half hour or so i wasn't into it but now i'm hooked

can't wait to put in 100+ hours on this bad boy

i put 100 hours into your maw! :mj: 

The cognitive dissonance with this game is so strong. There are some pretty eye roll-y parts to it but there are also a lot of amazing parts. 

And it's probably the best JRPG I've played.