Sign in to follow this  
moose

From Your Corner of the World

Post us stupid/funny/tragic junk from your little corner of the world.

The more inexplicable and unfathomable except to locals the better.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/perth-council-votes-to-rename-itself-south-park-as-part-of-merger-plans/story-fnhocxo3-1226970148198?nk=e3232090e04ae3652c86ed173d03f18b

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/x8gy2p/colbert---tunnel-vision

partanski was a nice old lady who shouldn't have been running anything and everyone kinda knew it. died like 5 years ago. the element that supported her then threw their support behind this insufferable woman who plagued council meetings with total ignorance and dangerous budgetary whimsy.

more recently: http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/f0ms7q/spray-it-forward

you are@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Westampton on a roll with 'stop and drop' event

Last year, the department set out an ambitious goal. It wanted to stage the world’s largest simultaneous “Stop, Drop and Roll” fire safety exercise. It aimed to get at least 2,000 people onto the fields at the Westampton Sports Complex to perform the maneuver on Sept. 6, and find glory and recognition from Guinness World Records.

Hamilton Township Garage Break-Ins Have Residents On High Alert

"Our garage is usually open when we are home. (It is what it is.) I guess there is so much badness out there. You can't live everyday in fear," said neighbor Megan Trivelli.

:lol:

But seriously there is so much badness out there :|

You like to think that stuff like that can't happen, like it's built so that that's impossible.

But here we are, looking at a train that tried to go up the escalator.

that rules

"Our garage is usually open when we are home. (It is what it is.) I guess there is so much badness out there. You can't live everyday in fear," said neighbor Megan Trivelli.

who the hell leaves doors opn like that? i dont even leave our garage door open when im mowing the lawn

Did someone put a penny on the track

the driver nodded off. I'm surprised that doesn't happen more. Chicago's public transportation is kind of a mess.

it's just a good thing no one was on the escalator

Trains should be computer controlled at this point, seems like most rail accidents are caused by human drivers going too fast. They don't even have to steer, they just control the speed!

that rules

who the hell leaves doors opn like that? i dont even leave our garage door open when im mowing the lawn

My father's parents leave the garage open most of the time, but they also leave the door the leads from the garage to the house open and everyone generally hangs out in the kitchen where that door is and all the good stuff is blocked off by my grandfather's Bronco so they'd have to be really subtle to rob that garage.

They do this because my grandma works nights as a nurse and the front door is right next to her bedroom and it'd trouble her sleep to have people traipsing through the doors all day.

My uncle lives in a small town and leaves the door unlocked pretty much all the time, which weirds me out a lot.

There is so little crime (and fear) here that people leave their car keys in the ignition most of the time and only lock their houses when they are away for a week. Some people don't even have locks.

There is so little crime (and fear) here that people leave their car keys in the ignition most of the time and only lock their houses when they are away for a week. Some people don't even have locks.

what the actual fuck

The part of Canada I stayed in recently was kind of like this, but it was a backwoodsy location.