Sign in to follow this  
moose

From Your Corner of the World

Oh, poor Moose wasn't born in the Victorian era so now he has to take it out any anyone else who isn't a sourpuss and likes to feel the sunlight on his or her skin.

There is nothing indecent about the human body. Shame is just something created by evil clothing companies to stay in business during the summer months when we shouldn't be wearing clothes at all. At least not tops.

yuuup

and yeah complimenting an outfit is generally what I do for anyone really if I like it heh. Feels good when someone appreciates my taste in clothing.

bodies are hot tbh

Some are. And it's not all to do with weight. Some people are just gross and should cover up. :shrug:

you could just not look at those bodies then??

merely a suggetion

merely a suggetion

This is not an option. Just like people are not allowed to wear Nazi uniforms to avoid offending others (yes, you can "not look" at those) we require certain standards of decency for the casual observer.

And FWIW I think most "hot" people shouldn't be exempt either. No excuse for just parading bits of your body around that most people don't want to see as they're going about their business. If you desperately feel the need to let it all out then there's nudist colonies, beaches etc where all body types should be free to expose all the parts they wish.

On a particular example, males who can't actually make their pants stay up should be given a $500 fine and killed on the second offense. I don't want to see your underwear, ever.

merely a suggetion

This is not an option. Just like people are not allowed to wear Nazi uniforms to avoid offending others (yes, you can "not look" at those) we require certain standards of decency for the casual observer.

And FWIW I think most "hot" people shouldn't be exempt either. No excuse for just parading bits of your body around that most people don't want to see as they're going about their business. If you desperately feel the need to let it all out then there's nudist colonies, beaches etc where all body types should be free to expose all the parts they wish.

On a particular example, males who can't actually make their pants stay up should be given a $500 fine and killed on the second offense. I don't want to see your underwear, ever.

You had me til the last bit, if you look like a hollister model you should have your shirt off and your butt showing at all times.

moose and shakes like this

crop tops look unattractive on anyone who doesn't look like an olympian tbh

obese=unhealthy in my mind so why should we be ok with people literally eating themselves to death? fat shaming is awful and I'm not exactly an olympian myself but I think that people should be striving to be the best/healthiest versions of themselves

crop tops look unattractive on anyone who doesn't look like an olympian tbh

obese=unhealthy in my mind so why should we be ok with people literally eating themselves to death? fat shaming is awful and I'm not exactly an olympian myself but I think that people should be striving to be the best/healthiest versions of themselves

this is way too simplistic though

you can be fat/obese/whatever and still be healthy, ditto for skinny people

up to a certain point obv but still

just seeing someones body is nowhere near enough info to know if theyre healthy or not

ocean likes this

There's no way to tell by looking at a random person on the street whether they're making progress towards becoming healthy, so people should get off their goddamn high horse about the health of total strangers.

shakes likes this

welp, getting off mooses lawn stat

I think if we actually compared what's acceptable to us in public we'd probably agree on almost everything.  I never even wear pants for fuck's sake, and I don't have any illusion that I'm showing off my legs, but that's obviously acceptable in normal society and acceptable for all body types.

let us all have our butts out at all times  :hug:

welp, getting off mooses lawn stat

I think if we actually compared what's acceptable to us in public we'd probably agree on almost everything.  

difference is i have no problem seeing "unacceptable" stuff. i either look away or just ignore it. it literally doesnt affect me whatsoever

eeeezypeezy likes this

people who are obese and healthy probably fall under that tiny percentage of population who have a severe hormonal disbalance and who can't really do much about it

the majority got there by eating too many cheeseburgers and not moving enough

people who are obese and healthy probably fall under that tiny percentage of population who have a severe hormonal disbalance and who can't really do much about it

the majority got there by eating too many cheeseburgers and not moving enough

but the thing is you dont know that by looking at them so judging at all is a dick move regardless of the percentages at play

ocean likes this

There's no way to tell by looking at a random person on the street whether they're making progress towards becoming healthy, so people should get off their goddamn high horse about the health of total strangers.

I don't have a problem with people being fat. I have a problem with people making it seem normal to have a borderline high cholesterol at the age of 20

difference is i have no problem seeing "unacceptable" stuff. i either look away or just ignore it. it literally doesnt affect me whatsoever

I guess we're just too different. I thought we could make it work... :fallen:

There are probably way more unhealthy skinny people than there are healthy overweight people.

Either way, one's BMI is a lousy way to gauge health.

But yes, everyone should be encouraged to be healthy. But I also think that people should be able to dress comfortably regardless of their size.

The thing is people go nuts about "ooh you can't tell if they're not healthy" but the people in question are usually the types that are panting just making their order at Burger King and can't get up from the chair when they're done. I'm pretty sure they're unhealthy.

There's a difference between hating fat people for being fat and thinking that fat people should probably be improving themselves.

"#notyourgoodfatty" is a sign of the times....being a "good fatty" is apparently like being an uncle tom to fat activists, and consists of saying "yeah I know I should lose a few pounds but what are you gonna do! :shrug: "  Like you're just caving to the whims of bigots if you second-guess the large coke and feel uncomfortable spilling out of a tube top.

Smoking is a fair comparison...it's fine for people to say they wouldn't date a smoker, but it's suddenly the height of bigotry to be turned off by someone who eats poorly and leads a sedentary lifestyle? Don't both things say a lot about a person? It's not like the jury is still out on whether or not being fat is good for you.

moose likes this

I'm not saying it is OK to show a lot of skin in the office or that people should spit in the face of social norms and conventions when it comes to how we dress. I can do that all by myself, thank you very much.

But I don't think an overweight person should be banned from dressing comfortably if he or she is going to the beach. Or even banned from the beach at all. 

The thing is people go nuts about "ooh you can't tell if they're not healthy" but the people in question are usually the types that are panting just making their order at Burger King and can't get up from the chair when they're done. I'm pretty sure they're unhealthy.

but again, you cant tell unless you actually see them panting while ordering at bk so

just give people the benefit of the doubt that theyre doing the best they can is all :shrug:

But I also think that people should be able to dress comfortably regardless of their size.

:lol: Cause someone's said that. Literally "FAT PEOPLE SHOULD WEAR MUUMUUS".

Isn't this the whole subtext of the conversation?

Not really, no.

but again, you cant tell unless you actually see them panting while ordering at bk so

But when I actually can see them panting at BK, can I have an opinion then?

If I see a fat guy at the gym I'm gonna think, "Good for him, I wish him well."  If I see a fat guy at the store with a cart full of soda and ding dongs I'm gonna think "That poor bastard."  It's just reflexive and I don't think it's wrong :shrug:

One obviously cares about himself at least a little, the other is in a private hell where the only solace is sugar on his tongue and the thing that really hurts is he does it to himself and he could stop but he just doesn't fucking CARE anymore.

:P

moose likes this

We are talking in circles, mate.

I already addressed that part of your post. It is the nebulous "public decency" that is problematic and you asserting yourself as the person who gets to make the call.

I hate saggy pants as much as the next person. But I'm not about to call someone out on it. I will, however, laugh if they ever try to run.

ocean likes this