The Annex^tm Minecraft Server

The Annex^tm Minecraft Server  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Should griefing be allowed?

• No, it makes the server look ugly to walk around
    • No, it ruins peoples' hard work
  2. 2. Should PvP be allowed?

• Yes, every man for himself, hide your shit and run
    • Yes, but only in an arena or designated area so that people can still focus on other aspects of the game
    • No, I think that PvP damage should be turned off in the gamerules

Add your minecraft name in the comments if you want to play and don't see your name on the list below. Server should be up and running Thursday night, 4/20 :smokebanana:

e: Server is up and running, all whitelisted members should have invites waiting for them.

This is for the PC/Mac/Linux version of the game, NOT the Pocket Edition/Windows 10 edition. Same as the last time this was up and running, for anyone who played then that wants to give it another shot.

Current whitelist:

Plopsack - @Lana Del Rey

Shaherizada - @Ody's reiki healer

ihaveproblems - @ihaveproblems‽

nio_esseia - @mnemos

Falseth - @Scorps

JonathanTrott - @Jonathan Trott

Billlington - @Bill

ant_man_bee - @ant man bee

Done__ - @digital

RecktallBrown - @Tape 2

hoogieboogieland - @Hoogie Boogie Land

TheRealLaniebug - @Turnip

TriggaHiccups - @wahdiohead

Notable coordinates:

Spawn: 38, 66, 254

Community nether portal: 25,84,54 overworld / 25, 84, 54 nether

End Portal: 1010, 36, 1606 overworld / 5, 68, 1 end

If people are actually playing nice then the PvP gamerule doesn't really matter, you'll only hurt each other accidentally.  With the gamerule set to off you won't be able to hit each other at all, nothing will register damage.

None of the rules are permanent, though. We could start off with it off and then later on decide to set up a hunger games arena or something and turn it back on.

Looks like the "PvP by consent only" option is winning, with "no PvP at all" in second place. I think the thing to do, judging by that vote split, is start with PvP off, and then turn it on once people are settled in a bit and we can do a community arena build. That way anyone who's inclined to log in just to make a little trouble when we're all starting out at least won't be able to indiscriminately murder people before they're geared up, and we'll only have to contend with mobs as a threat when we're getting our starter gear together.

Also, there are command block methods to do things like single-player sleeping (ie, no matter how many people are online, one person can sleep and skip the night), would anyone be interested in light modifiers like that?

Kindergarten Plop likes this

15 minutes ago, Arse Magic said:

What do you do in it?

It's a sandbox survival game. You gather materials to build and upgrade your tools and armor and weapons, fight monsters, build structures and contraptions. It favors a more creative approach where you set your own goals. The first day is notoriously difficult to survive, but once you're established you can do anything you like.

I think on this playthrough I want to rush the tech tree and kill the dragon ASAP, but since it'll be multiplayer I'll be trying to make my house look cool and all that.

ihaveproblems‽ likes this

28 minutes ago, eeeezypeezy said:

It's a sandbox survival game. You gather materials to build and upgrade your tools and armor and weapons, fight monsters, build structures and contraptions. It favors a more creative approach where you set your own goals. The first day is notoriously difficult to survive, but once you're established you can do anything you like.

I think on this playthrough I want to rush the tech tree and kill the dragon ASAP, but since it'll be multiplayer I'll be trying to make my house look cool and all that.

you can respawn the enderdragon now too right? isn't there a bit more to the end now too?

damn kinda excited to see the new stuff :)

eeeezypeezy likes this

Yep, the End is now a bunch of different islands that goes on forever, with structures and new mobs and things. Instead of one big central island and then just a void. And you can respawn the dragon by crafting four end crystals and placing them around the portal, they'll explode and then reset the dragon fight.

ihaveproblems‽ likes this

42 minutes ago, eeeezypeezy said:

Don't put him off.

43 minutes ago, eeeezypeezy said:

Dan Harmon said the word "minecraft" just as I was typing out a scathing response to this 

eeeezypeezy likes this