The Annex^tm Minecraft Server

The Annex^tm Minecraft Server  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Should griefing be allowed?

• No, it makes the server look ugly to walk around
    • No, it ruins peoples' hard work
  2. 2. Should PvP be allowed?

• Yes, every man for himself, hide your shit and run
    • Yes, but only in an arena or designated area so that people can still focus on other aspects of the game
    • No, I think that PvP damage should be turned off in the gamerules

No, I haven't cheated. The first time I did anything admin-y on the server was yesterday evening when I broke my bed, put all my stuff in a chest, sacrificed 22 levels of EXP, and used the /kill command so I could get the exact coordinates of spawn.

I've just done the early-game grind so many times that it's no big deal now. I played my first five or so hours on the server basically like a UHC. Strip mined at Y 11 for tons of materials and EXP, bred and murdered cows for tons of EXP + leather for bookshelves for high-level enchants, crafted and combined and enchanted my way to gear with good enchants as soon as possible. It took me two hours to kill the dragon solo and I died twice, both times from fall damage when I was climbing the big obsidian pillars to break the iron bars that are around some of the crystals.

Last night I spent about an hour wandering around the End until I finally found an end city, and then it took me nearly another hour to make my way through it.

Basically I'm just a pro :smoke1:

psycho likes this

What do you like about the game? If just the building things/zen garden aspect of it is what you're into then you can branch out and explore some other biomes to try and find new materials to make better builds. If you like the combat aspect and want to get stronger gear and fight stronger monsters then you should check out the wiki page for enchanting and think about heading to a nether fortress.

Actually either way you should look up enchanting on the wiki. Enchanted gear is a must if you want to cut down on the grindier aspects of the game. Killing mobs with a looting sword, mining ores with silk touch and breaking them with fortune, that kind of thing. Part of the reason I got good stuff early was knowing how to game the enchanting mechanics to get the ones I wanted, just using tips I picked up from watching minecraft youtubers.

I want to build a beautiful house full of nice things, or just learn what everything does. Maybe make some things with that red stuff. It's annoying how you can't learn all of that in the game though and have to read guides to do it all.

I think the ploblem is that I get very scared indeed with the idea of falling to my death and losing things or getting trapped or lost. I went just a bit farther than Ira's home and didn't know how to get back and had a minor Minecraft-based panic attack :lolsad:

Parrot and psycho like this

If you go in the basement of my house there's a tool chest in my storage room, it's got a compass in it that you can have. I found it in a chest in the nether fortress. It'll point towards spawn so you don't have to mess with the f3 screen and coordinates so much. 

That's the thing about the game that I have a love/hate relationship with, I still have to have a browser open in the background to look up crafting recipes and shit. In the next release they're adding tooltips and redoing the crafting system to make it all a little easier. And I'm still terrible at redstone contraptions, I have to follow youtube build guides for most shit.

psycho and Kindergarten Plop like this

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/1.12#Additions

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Recipe_book

The Recipe Book looks like a simplified version of the Too Many Items mod, which is pretty sweet. Shows you all the recipes you've gathered materials for, and grays out the ones you don't currently have the materials for in your inventory. Click what you want to craft to automatically move the materials to the crafting grid.

59 minutes ago, mnemos said:

I don't really know how to play properly either, I just love exploring so I'll probably be content to repeatedly die in my own mine. I am trying to build a glass tower, tho. 

desert and a village are at around 1300/67/255

mnemosyne likes this

1 hour ago, mnemos said:

I don't really know how to play properly either, I just love exploring so I'll probably be content to repeatedly die in my own mine. I am trying to build a glass tower, tho. 

Explore away!

psycho likes this