Sign in to follow this  
c.i.

cop shit

thread title always reminds me of Cop Shoot Cop 

in 2007, I took what's so far been my only trip out of the country. Just Vancouver and back. Ended up at a house party and was so influenced by introduction to BC weed that I had an entire conversation with someone where the only words either of us used were "cop shoot cop." At least I hope that's what happened. 

All I'd had before that was basically ditch weed. Also, I learned how to smoke a cigar that night. I had bought a couple Cuban cigars at the border because I was a tourist. Up till that point, I had always been frustrated that I couldn't smoke a cigar without inhaling. I just smoked them the way I did cigarettes: form a lip seal and breath in, as if I could magically stop the smoke at the throat when it was a cigar. Somebody at that party told me, "no, suck it like a straw." 

iykwim 

eeeezypeezy likes this

One day, enough of us are going to stop putting our desire to "sound reasonable" and give the impression to our enemies of "living in the real world" and our voice will be loud enough when we say BAN THE POLICE.

https://nypost.com/2017/11/23/cops-tried-to-intimidate-rape-accuser-out-of-pressing-charges-lawyer/amp/ 

Nine (9) officers showed up to the hospital to intimidate the mother and the rape victim who was raped while handcuffed in the cop van.

All. Cops. Are. Bastards.

Your friend or family member or in law cop is a bastard. The things ANY cop would have to speak out against, in order to stop being a bastard, would get that cop fired, so he would no longer be a cop. All cops are bastards. You have to be fine with saying this. My dad is a nice guy and he's nice to me and he's nice to black people's faces and to my knowledge he hasn't personally committed violence in the past 30 years. I even love him, despite the conflicts. But he is a racist and unaffiliated white nationalist, so he is a bastard and if I'm not fine with saying that, then I'm part of the problem. 

All cops are bastards.

banh mi, Salem and magnets☮ like this

The cop was nice to you? The cop thinks he has good intentions? The cop helped you in an emergency when you were desperate and vulnerable?

That's good and fine and everything. That's lucky for you, I'm happy. ACAB doesn't deny that happened, and the fact that it happened doesn't contradict that all cops are bastards.

Salem likes this

I'm sure perfectly nice people join the police force because they want to make a positive difference in the world.

But, if they're American, they've just joined an organisation that exists to protect the rich and the white and the powerful against people who are none of those things.

My exes brother who I graduated with went to college for geology. He was a very nice, nerdy kind of dude. I watched him go through the police academy and come out a literal different person. It was the strangest thing to witness. 

1 hour ago, Parrot said:

My exes brother who I graduated with went to college for geology. He was a very nice, nerdy kind of dude. I watched him go through the police academy and come out a literal different person. It was the strangest thing to witness. 

I was surrounded by ex-cops and ex-military at my last job while Trump was ascending. They have a real 'us-v-them' outlook even when out of uniform. One guy was friends with one of the cops who got sniped in Texas way back. Most of them seemed like battered nerds who associate their law enforcement experience with some kind of self-actualization, like a badge fetish. I have a hard time imagining any of them seeing BLM or Antifa as anything but terrorist organizations. Most of them found Trump distasteful but loved that he was owning the libs and planning to funnel more money to military and law enforcement. Mafia logic.

Pregnant Chad and Parrot like this

I just read that thread funnily enough. It's absolutely terrifying how easily it can happen over there. I watched that Daniel Shaver video a few days ago and wished I hadn't, I felt physically sick. The absolute panic these guys must go through in a situation like that, I would definitely be killed trying (and failing) to follow the instructions.

eeeezypeezy likes this