Sign in to follow this  
c.i.

TWIN PEAKS SPOILERAMA MEGATHREAD

I hope not only do people FREAK out about the show but like that Powder Blue Bottom THING that right when it comes out utter proof comes about that Lynch IS in fact a rapist peach of shit kiddie fiddler on the tin roof rusted like his good dead buddy bowie / louie / woody et al

guh!

oh that would be oh so perfect!

the midget was right all along!

(let's roll!)

twinpeaks3.jpg

the idear that he was in on the joke from the very begin / it was THIS planned out!

:lol:

there will be some SERIOUS "real life" / tv show crossover!

it's REALLY going to get in your head!

17 minutes ago, GURK! said:

I hope not only do people FREAK out about the show but like that Powder Blue Bottom THING that right when it comes out utter proof comes about that Lynch IS in fact a rapist peach of shit kiddie fiddler on the tin roof rusted like his good dead buddy bowie / louie / woody et al

guh!

oh that would be oh so perfect!

the midget was right all along!

(let's roll!)

shut the fuck up ash

But before we dive in, here's what I do feel at liberty to say about those episodes we saw: Lynch has lost nothing. In fact, he's learned some new tricks, refined his old ones, maybe even found the height of his powers. This is no mere revisitation; there is new ground broken. And if you feel goosebumps as you read that, good. That's good. 

link

Moon and I am a damn ass bunny like this

this report is a bit juicier, and potentially spoiler-y (nothing really explicit)

Spoiler

• The best new face… does not have a face.
• One actor plays two characters, and wears a hilarious wig for one of them.
• There is a shocking moment that is among the scariest things I’ve ever seen on TV.
• The new opening credits may have some viewers reaching for the Dramamine.
• Episode 2 uses a song by the Chromatics that may haunt your playlists for weeks.
• The first two episodes alternate between cryptic, terrifying, and hilarious. There was as much laughter as there were gasps.
• Though advertised as a “new season” of Twin Peaks, these episodes felt more like a revival of ALL of David Lynch’s work. Parts of it felt very Blue Velvet and Lost Highway, with some imagery from Eraserhead mixed in.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/twin-peaks-season-3-premiere-preview-200557476.html

I mean no I'm not SERIOUS. 

but his extended monologue as andy and lucy's weirdo fuckin son to a perplexed robert forrester was probably the most obviously TWIN PEAKSy thing about the whole deal so far, it was hilarious.

some extremely earnest and fanboy comments follow, so just look away now hotrock

• it is so so good to just have new david lynch material, and he is at the top of his game here. I know it's always been a hallmark of his stuff but the way he paces scenes is so damn good. give the initial glass box scene to anyone even a hair less patient and it'd lose all of its sense of forboding and dread, and the way that pays off later is incredible. terrifying shit. speaking of, aliens are real probably?
  • feel of the whole premier reminded me most of mulholland drive which is wonderful, maybe due to the fact that MH had been lynch's more recent attempt at "television" 
  • w/r/t to evil cooper: I always interpreted the finale of the original to mean that BOB was now in possession of Coop but it seems instead that, that is/was cooper's the doppelganger from the lodge? BOB I guess is probably more than just a single entity that can only be in one place at a time. I get the sense he's behind the Matthew Lilliard business in South Dakota. it is probably best not to overthink these things because it's not gonna be explained really but here we are. at any rate evil mullet coop is a real bastard.
  • we made a snack between the end of the second hour and started eating at the start of the third, you know, right around when evil coop begins vomiting garmonbozia everywhere, so that was appetizing. 
  • I think tonks made this comment in the other thread but that like a combined 15 minutes of the premier takes place in actual twin peaks is pretty funny. 
  • lots of humor throughout the whole thing which is great. 

I'm sure I'll make many many more posts soon 

harcourt, Peach, Blanket and 1 other like this

I think four episodes at once was too many episodes, by episode three my patience was def waning. not my fav episode. But episode 4 was fucking hysterical. HELLOOOOOOoooooOoOOOOOO

I almost wish there were fewer recognizable actors tho, seeing Michael Cera, no matter how ~Lynchian~ he was just felt hilarious bc look at George Michael wearing a stupid hat

ocean likes this

speaking of, aliens are real probably?

I think that was Laura Palmer they pulled through. Look at the scene where she gets pulled away from the Black Lodge. I think she's in a similar, like, pose or something? idk.

I'm glad they backed away from literal "possession" because that is some weak shit, esp. with regards to Leland Palmer.

Jungian shadow is some weak shit too though.

Not into that whole stuff.

c.i. likes this

26 minutes ago, Leo said:

I think four episodes at once was too many episodes, by episode three my patience was def waning. not my fav episode. But episode 4 was fucking hysterical. HELLOOOOOOoooooOoOOOOOO

yeah 3 and 4 are really blurring together for me this morning. 

i don't think this is really spoilers for 3/4 but

as adorable and confused wholesome coop is, i hope we get a lot more of the other characters because the first four eps are soooooooo coop-centric. it doesn't help that i don't remember who most of the other people were in the original series

:( but i demand MORE MADCHEN

when he drank the coffee tho i was in stitches. that whole getting dressed/breakfast scene was amazing

that said i probably won't watch the rest of the episodes :icant:

ocean likes this

The best bit of this so far has been "James is cool, he's always been cool".

I was sure I said that in a post already but apparently not.

That was the best bit, though.

So yeah, more Madchen, since she brilliantly delivered that line.

ocean likes this