Sign in to follow this  
c.i.

TWIN PEAKS SPOILERAMA MEGATHREAD

June 4 for the next new hour I think.

I don't know how much more Dumb Coop I want, necessarily, but I think what's happened so far serves to make his inevitable return to normal functionality all that more effective and earned. like if he'd just have had that magical sip of coffee and went "damn, and hot!!" to the cue of the TP theme or something that would have been corny as fuck. and the way it has played out serves to underscore just how irrevocably fucked up it is that he, as pure and good a character as exists in this world, has spent 2+ decades in a terrifying parallel nightmare dimension. 

there's a lotta time left and I have a feeling we're going to be spending more time in twin peaks proper further into the season. for now I think they're just peppering in peaksonians to seed what they've been up to so it's not a bunch of exposition once cooper gets there

I'm currently listening to The Secret History of Twin Peaks audiobook. This plays out like a season of Serial, with "TP" (now revealed as FBI Agent Tamara Preston in the new series) reading a dossier recovered from a crime scene (NYC?). The content is basically Frost riffing on US history and adding hints of twin peaks mythology. Decent stuff and supposedly this was Major Briggs' life work. There's even a sequel coming in the fall. Might have to buy this even though I could never actually read the damn thing.

ocean likes this

yuh, that's what I was getting at. 

on one hand that might seem a bit too obvious but idk.

there also seems to be some extremely foreboding shit happening with the statue in the lodge, iirc mostly toward the end of hour 2. lots of menacing closeups etc. I feel like that might be connected to the box monster somehow