Sign in to follow this  
📚☕H🍎📚

The Whiskey Thread

Don't really enjoy it at all but I drink it on occasion (when offered) I definitely appreciate the difference between bad whiskey and not bad though and am much more likely up accept if it's a good one. I also collect other people's whiskey bottles cuz I don't buy my own but whiskey bottles are often the coolest and I like to collect bottles.

Loooove whiskey.

Any whiskey. Cheap swill, pricey scotch, mid level bourbon.

Get it in me!

It's funny though, used to hate the stuff, but then spent a week in Scotland drinking tons of great scotch and my attitude was definitely turned around.

Yeah first scotch I tried was in Russia when my host dad had a birthday and then me and my roommate came home kinda late and had the ace to ourselves they'd left us the last of a bottle and we drank it and thought it was gross though very kind of them. Next time I had it was with some college friends when I visited them post graduation and someone instructed us how to drink it and we were already drunk but yeah was slightly better that way but seemed like it might take practice to actually enjoy.

Whiskey in general was the first alcohol I ever threw up from so it's pretty much never tasted good to me past that first night when I literally drank it like water. Aka my friend stole half a water bottle of her dad's wild turkey and I drank it in like 5 minutes

Yeah, definitely not my proudest moment.

Bought a $200 painting from an artist friend and forgot to take the painting... have to go back to the venue that he and the band he was with played at after work today.

Not going to lie, had a glass of scotch before going to work this morning.

This is what happens when my girlfriend leaves for South America for a month for work. I suck at being alone.

I don't drink a lot of brown — I'm a vodka guy — but sometimes I really like the Bulleit Rye. Dunno if any of you have had it.

Just thought I'd mention it since I'm in full avoid-doing-homework mode.

yeah that is definitely a whiskey that people seem to agree on

Art galleries and drugs/drink don't mix. A friend and myself nearly spent £2,000 on a painting when we were high as fuck on coke. We were prevented from the disastrous purchase as we started arguing about who would get to keep the artwork at various times of the year, and whose wall it would hang on. Things got heated and we were politely advised to take our disagreement outside. We drove out for dinner instead. You know it has been a strange night when you consider a £200 restaurant bill as getting off lightly. My only memory of the painting is of a jetty stretching out into a sky blue sea.

To give this story further relevance, I had my first try of Laphraoig that night, a moment that can genuinely be described as a life changing experience, at least in a small way.

Ah-mazing.  :lol:

but yeah, Laphraoig is great. I am no whiskey expert but my very Scots former roommate held his own with that stuff and used to indulge it frequently. We usually ended up on the balcony at 3 am together drunk as skunks (and stoned) laughing our faces off and arguing over who got to play the next album of Canadiana.

Was just in Scotland for about a week and a half and tried so many freaking delicious scotch whiskies, it was almost out of control..

My friend was the expert, not I, but I remember one was called Oban, that was pretty good. We drove through the Highlands and randomly stopped at the Glenlivet distillery and took the free tour. Was pretty cool! The craziest huge mash-ton or whatever it's called... Giant vats of malt and such, sweet pungent whisky smells in the air. And of course, numerous free tastings at the end of 15 and 18 yr old stuff... We drove away happy campers

Also, if anyone is ever in the Highlands there, do yourself a favour and visit the Whisky Castle in Tomintoul and ask the guy ANYTHING... hahaha....

Having a mad week in Scotland staring Thursday, a load of us have rented a cottage on Islay for five days of it! Literally within walking distance of the Ardbeg and Laphroaig distilleries, and there is a pub in Port Ellen that has literally hundreds of bottles of single malt. Going to be amazing, ferry across, spend the days walking in the wilderness and the nights sipping expensive scotch by a roaring fire.

Our cottage is really near here

heather-house-caol-ila-islay.jpg

Idyllic shit, I deserve a break.

Fuck this looks amazing. 

Drinking a shitty Alibi blended whiskey atm :w

thought I had posted it before but this stuff is pretty good

1_122243750_3.jpg

I don't really do hard liquor but I bought a bottle of it on a whim a few months ago and used it to get sneaky drunk in my parents' house with hot apple cider once winter hit and it was A++

bought another bottle a week or two ago and felt and still feel like a chump for doing so but I've managed to keep forgetting I have it which is good

I don't drink a lot of brown — I'm a vodka guy — but sometimes I really like the Bulleit Rye. Dunno if any of you have had it.

Just thought I'd mention it since I'm in full avoid-doing-homework mode.

got a bottle of this the other day, it's aite

definitely not bad for the price