Sign in to follow this  
📚☕H🍎📚

The Whiskey Thread

I got a bottle of Laphroaig for Xmas a few years ago and I don't like drinking it because that means its closer to empty and that shits expensive

Delicious though obv

it's pretty cheap for a good scotch tho bill, its sort of my go to for a bottle to keep stocked at home

yeah Jameson was my entry to whiskey and i have drank it for years but I'm pretty over it at this point, or at least want to branch out a lot more

thread has convinced me to pick up a bottle of damn Laphroaig

I got a bottle of Laphroaig for Xmas a few years ago and I don't like drinking it because that means its closer to empty and that shits expensive

Delicious though obv

it's pretty cheap for a good scotch tho bill, its sort of my go to for a bottle to keep stocked at home

I want yr life where a $100 bottle of scotch is cheap

Guest Eat Shadows

I assume he is speaking about the 10 year and you are talking 18 year at $100 a bottle.

Guest Eat Shadows

had some Eagle Rare with brunch yesterday, was very tasty

Good stuff. At the $20-25 price point it is one of my favorites.

Guest Eat Shadows

I have typed Montreal Canadiens enough on my phone that it changes canadian to canadiens. :lol:

I'm drinking some aged bourbon tonight with a Kirkland label.

It's fan-fucking-tastic.

:shrug:

yeah man Kirkland normally just puts the label on an actual good brand. Do you know what yours is in disguise? My friend's mom once gave her a Kirkland whiskey bottle and told her what it actually was and i don't remember but it was good shit

pretty new to whiskey but my friend who is into it sprung for an 18-year Laphroaig and it was delicious.  he gave me a 10-year for my birthday but i've been enjoying it all as long as it is a decent priced bottle: American, rye, whatever.  i love it with just a splash of cold water.

shout out to this thread for making me obsessed with scotch ruinign my life. i've been doing my homework on all the regions etc, and I don't think that I'm ever getting off this hype train :fun:

just bought a bottle of the Balvenie 12 year Doublewood  :wub:

the guy I was talking to at Binny's yesterday recommended me the 16 and I was considering getting it tbh. haven't had it before but it was a very reasonable price for a 16 ($54) and he claimed it was a favorite of his. so yeah, anyone who wants to chime in I too would like to hear your opinion