Sign in to follow this  
📚☕H🍎📚

The Whiskey Thread

today is scotch day gang

aka it's pay day so i'm gonna pick up a new bottle on the way home from work tn. thinking i might try some Talisker or Highland Park. still have some Balvenie left but that isn't saying i don't enjoy, stuff is great

damn, complex flavor. i've heard HP described as a "middle of the road" scotch and now i get why. light but present peat flavor, maltiness, also some vanilla and sherry. basically something for everyone. 

anyway I don't have work tomo so i'm getting drunk atm and this is doing the trick

Guest Eat Shadows

Capping off the holidays with some Jameson Caskmates Stout Edition and and Arturo Fuente maduro canones. The whiskey is smooth with hints of chocolate and coffee, the cigar is fairly mild and a nice smoke, but fucking huge compared to what I normally smoke. It's like a 8-1/2" by 50 or so. 

Guest Eat Shadows

A bit further in on the cigar and although it hasn't suddenly become come complex in flavor I a impressed with the construction, solid choice from the father in law. 

Caskmates should be be tried by all Jameson or craft beer fans. Much more interesting in flavor than standard Jameson and although the stout notes seem like they would be a strange pairing, it works. Simultaneously more complex and drinkable. 

oddly I can't really stand cigars

I got she I a bottle of Hirsch small batch reserve, and she got me a bottle of Jefferson, for christmas. think I prefer the hirsch by a hair. both are pretty good. I am still fairly new to the whole "drink whiskey because it's good and not just do shots like a teenager"  game still, we only got into it earlier this year some time. I guess because I'm sort of bored with beer? 

Guest Eat Shadows
15 minutes ago, C.I. said:

oddly I can't really stand cigars

I hated them when I was younger and they made me sick when I smoked them, but I had no idea what I was doing back then and probably inhaled the smoke. Also if your cigar was bought at a gas station and cost less than $5, it probably shouldn't even be considered a cigar. 

21 minutes ago, C.I. said:

I got she I a bottle of Hirsch small batch reserve, and she got me a bottle of Jefferson, for christmas. think I prefer the hirsch by a hair. both are pretty good. I am still fairly new to the whole "drink whiskey because it's good and not just do shots like a teenager"  game still, we only got into it earlier this year some time. I guess because I'm sort of bored with beer? 

can't there be room for both :angry: 

of course! I just feel like I lost a bit of interest in like, being a guy who knows about beer, if that makes sense, simply because I found I don't care that much. I haven't ventured too far outside of great lakes / bell's / lagunitas much recently and I'm perfectly happy with that. 

bump

room mate bought a bottle of lagavulin 16 and gave me some, never had it before. 

what kind of cunt doesn't like peaty scotch? this is amazing!

also bought an oban 14, which is solid but slightly/moderately pales in comparison to this

im fully aware that im one of those people who only drinks peaty scotch (same family as the guy who only drinks IPAs or only black coffee)

but damn all other scotch seems watered down in comparison