Sign in to follow this  
Roger Sterling

NBA 2017-2018

16 minutes ago, Mount Lofty said:

too bad you don't have say, jayson tatum to go along with embiid/simmons

we'll see when fultz gets back!

but we already have covington putting up almost identical stats as tatum at the 3, so... not really?

Lonzo looked straight up awful, granted this is the first full game i've watched of his. I wasn't even planning to watch past the 2nd quarter but Embiid was literally a joy to watch that I couldnt stop

as for @Mount Lofty I definitely like Tatum, but if Fultz works out well, i'd still rather have him, as if he is needed to play that part, Simmons is literally just a better Tatum. Covington is one of the underrated finds of the Process era. He should be a 3 and D guy for years to come

it's way too soon to give up on fultz obviously but for him to outperform tatum and that extra pick is a super tall order. maybe boston would have just taken tatum at #1, but then you'd have at least the pick. as far as positional redundancy though, covington & tatum can both play 3/4, and simmons is virtually position-less, so I think it would work out quite smoothly. anyway, just wanted to be a dickhead and slightly dampen your enthusiasm.

13 hours ago, Mount Lofty said:

it's way too soon to give up on fultz obviously but for him to outperform tatum and that extra pick is a super tall order. maybe boston would have just taken tatum at #1, but then you'd have at least the pick. as far as positional redundancy though, covington & tatum can both play 3/4, and simmons is virtually position-less, so I think it would work out quite smoothly. anyway, just wanted to be a dickhead and slightly dampen your enthusiasm.

Fultz will be fine, although i wouldnt doubt a year before he's truly productive. He'll end up more of a combo guard than a true point most likely, I dont see them taking point duty from Simmons anytime soon.

Tatum's whole allure was that he was ready to produce now, but maybe doesn't have as high a ceiling. Similar to Jabari Parker, I'd say. But, he'll be eternally useful, the current NBA seems built for his playstyle