Klee

the BEER thread

I've never seen it but it looks compelling. I'd love to go to Belgium and try all the beers.

My first legal drink, I had this one on my 21st birthday at the Hopleaf. The wooden holster is a fun bonus. Really sweet but not cloying:

1K0fQxZ.jpg

yeah, it was wonderful. I hadn't ever had that one, despite enjoying the Lil Sumpin' WILD that was out... when was that. is it a fall release, maybe?

Lagunitas is weird imho in that their regular year-round beers are kinda average, but their seasonals are fucking awesome. Brown Shugga, Sucks, Undercover investigation shutdown, all phenomenal

what is the Little Sumpin Sumpin exactly?  their labels don't give description.  i mean, Sucks doesn't even say it is an IPA.  it just says Brown Shugga Substitute, which makes you think something different unless you know the story behind it.  i did not enjoy the Undercover Investigation that much.  only thing i've had from them that i like is the Sucks, which is no longer seasonal.  pretty sure they sell it year-round now.

i have been enjoying the following lately:

Foothills Brewing - Torch Pilsner (their Hoppym IPA is nice too).

Anderson Valley Brewing - The Kimmie, The Yink & The Holy Gose.  in cans.  gose is one of my favorite types of beer.  most people don't claim it is a session because it is too sour, but i can drink light, sour, dry, low-ABV beer all fucking night.  still not a patch on Westbrook (South Carolina)'s canned gose though.  you should read about this type of beer as it is interesting.  not to be confused with geuze which is also really sour.

Devil's Backbone - Schwartz Bier.  love this style too.  i don't care if it's dark because it's so fucking tasty.  it is a lager though, so not that heavy.

i agree with all of what CI said

on my recent chicago excursion i made it my goal to try as many beers from the IL/MI/WI/OH area as i could, since i rarely get the chance. rye of the tiger was pretty nice. went to a Revolution brewpub in Logan Square which was rad, the crystal hero IPA was really tasty. other ones i tried are escaping me atm, but i know i had a few good ones by half acre, left hand, etc. left hand's milk stout is creamy goodness.

I went a great bar in Chicago last time I was there. I can't remember the name right now but I'll try looking it up. I remember the stickers they had for the bar had a skull and cross bones eerily simialr to some of the nazi logo/propaganda.

Hmmm ... I don't think that was it. It was a small little dark place. We drank a lot of chartreuse that night. I have the sticker on one of my guitar cases. I'm going to have to look later. It's driving me nuts now.

Hmmm ... I don't think that was it. It was a small little dark place. We drank a lot of chartreuse that night. I have the sticker on one of my guitar cases. I'm going to have to look later. It's driving me nuts now.

Exit_chicago.jpg

no? it's the only skull and cross bones bar I can think of. it's on North Ave. kind of a weird place.

Ahh I've never been there, I actually just heard about it for the first time on atease. Apparently it's the cool new beer snob bar that is somehow in Lincoln Park.

bout to move to Asheville, NC in about a month or two, looking forward to living in a state without absurd beer laws

to tell you how pathetic TN's beer laws are, one must only imagine being stunned to see DFH 90 minute in a liquor store (because high gravs have to be sold in liquor stores!!!!!).

is dale's actually great? or is it great like lonestar is great or schlitz is great, in that it is not at all great but cheap and ubiquitous and will get you shithammered fairly quickly

I'd put it above a schlitz at least. Shithammered.

it's a "solid" beer. good enough where i'm happy to see it on tap at places where they have nothing else that interests me, but  not a top tier beer imo, or one of my favorites. i have a few friends who are crazy about it though

it's a "solid" beer. good enough where i'm happy to see it on tap at places where they have nothing else that interests me, but  not a top tier beer imo, or one of my favorites. i have a few friends who are crazy about it though

what about like the generic mexican beers? i can always go for a tecate/modelo with lime on a hot day, is it worse than those?

what about like the generic mexican beers? i can always go for a tecate/modelo with lime on a hot day, is it worse than those?

oh, i put it in a totally different category as those. it's not as refreshing (ie watery) as a tecate/modelo, it's very hoppy and malty. that's right up my alley, and for some it's too hoppy, but i think it's a smooth beer with a nice bite.