Klee

the BEER thread

i haven't had Spotted Cow (though i have had other New Glarus beers) but in general cream ale is not a style i'm fond of.  to me, even a "craft" cream ale still tastes like Budweiser or to keep on the cream ale train, Genesee.

pentachris, where are you located anyway?

Birmingham-ish, Alabama

Don't get me wrong, the one I made was lawn-mower, crushable stuff. But, it was extremely fresh and the freshness came out in the taste even more so than in some more complex-tasting beers I've made - tbh, that was probably much of its appeal.

I went into the living room where my dad was asleep watching some car show 

I told him the no hitter was going on 

I probably slurred my words a great deal but also was more engaged with him than I've been with any human for years 

So he's probably really confused 

Shit 

-justin likes this

i had a barrel-aged barleywine from Jackie O's that blew my dick off.  i didn't even think i liked barleywines.  their stouts are held in pretty high regard, but i've never heard anyone go out of their way for IPAs from them.

c.i. likes this

On 7/9/2017 at 8:30 PM, C.I. said:

Image result for jackie o's new growth

g*d d*mn

favorite beer of the summer

saw that at the class six earlier. damn, should have grabbed it

went for some Breckenridge Vanilla Porter nitro. I've had it many times before but never in the nitro can. Man it definitely changed the mouthfeel - so creamy 

6 hours ago, -justin said:

i had a barrel-aged barleywine from Jackie O's that blew my dick off.  i didn't even think i liked barleywines.  their stouts are held in pretty high regard, but i've never heard anyone go out of their way for IPAs from them.

by now I don't really go out of my way for anything, but this shit it nice.

I'm usually not a fan of session IPAs. I don't even really like the style name - they rarely taste like an IPA. I think American ESB might be a better description.Last night, though, I had one called Devil's Harvest by Southern Prohibition brewing that was really good. I'll definitely be buying that again.

ocean likes this

On 7/22/2017 at 5:38 PM, Brother Reverend Magoun said:

I'm usually not a fan of session IPAs. I don't even really like the style name - they rarely taste like an IPA. I think American ESB might be a better description.

yeah it's just a marketing thing. IPAs are the craft beer everyone knows/likes (generally). Just another Pale Ale isn't exciting and no one would know what the eff an American ESB is

Bear-Republic.png

this is excellent

its pretty heavy on the hops, but its got enough malt or whatever that keeps it from being too bitter, I think I like it more than Racer 5 from these guys tbh

I've been pretty impressed with Burial lately in spite of their slightly hokey tattoo inspired can art. Kinda looks like those Ed Hardy shirts everyone ragged on a few years back.

Had like three in a row that were all winners, even the coconut brown ale and I usually hate coconut. The real standout of the bunch was this honey saison, Keeper's Veil.

ocean likes this

I'm gonna have to look for that. Usually, I just see the lager or light lager from Yuengling around here. Occasionally the Black & Tan. But, I also usually just buy beer from the supermarket. I need to get to a store with a better selection and try a few new things anyway.