Klee

the BEER thread

I've had plenty of stouts and porters with heat, and I've enjoyed them. And it wasn't the fact that this was a hoppy beer that was the big difference. It was the fact that this beer had a strong jalapeño flavor that wasn't hot - it was vegetable. I'm not a fan of tomato juice, and I've never tried a red eye or whatever it's called when you mix it with beer. But I could see someone who likes that enjoying this beer mixed with tomato juice. It would probably be similar to a bloody Mary.

Now that I think about it, my wife likes bloody Marys (-ies?). I should get some tomato juice to mix with this and see what she thinks.

I'll still get every a sour or gose every time that I see one because, unlike last summer, they are a little less in vogue and no longer everywhere you look. More times than not, the usual bar I go to with like 40 things on tap hasn't had any sours or goses at all.

Generally it kinda seems like wheat beers across the board are out. When is the last time you went to a good craft bar and they even had a hefeweizen?

Glancing at the current menu of my local craft beer bar (65 taps total), I see two hefeweizens, along with about four wits and other wheat ales. Granted, one of them is a sour wheat, and one of them is Blue Moon. A month or two ago they had something like four hefeweizens and a dunkelweizen.

1 hour ago, Brother Reverend Magoun said:

Glancing at the current menu of my local craft beer bar (65 taps total), I see two hefeweizens, along with about four wits and other wheat ales. Granted, one of them is a sour wheat, and one of them is Blue Moon. A month or two ago they had something like four hefeweizens and a dunkelweizen.

about 50 ipas, then? 

:lol:

No, they actually keep a pretty good mix. IPAs sell well, so they probably have about ten or twelve of them, but they've got plenty to select from in most other common styles.

edit: just looked again and saw only one pilsner. Thirteen IPAs, two are imperials and two are sessions.

On 6/1/2016 at 2:00 PM, big anthony riding a wave of spaghetti said:

so here's a fun question: beer with ice cubes in it, yes or hell yes?

On 6/1/2016 at 2:13 PM, big anthony riding a wave of spaghetti said:

sometimes warm beer is just fine, but for times when you want it nice and crispy cool some ice is real nice 

figured I'd bring this back up, since we got some good discussion about it last time and it's been a while so maybe some of us have revised our positions on the issue

2 hours ago, big anthony riding a wave of spaghetti said:

figured I'd bring this back up, since we got some good discussion about it last time and it's been a while so maybe some of us have revised our positions on the issue

Hard no here, unless it's something you'd want to dilute because it inherently sucks

I don't stick ice in anything unless it's fucking hot as hell, though.

tomorrow, this:

(naturally, it doesn't actually have those fruits in it.  it's just one of those juicy, hazy NE-style IPAs)

Triple Crossing Brewing:

Mangos, apricots, and nectarines oh my. Ascension 8% Lockout DIPA returns tomorrow at noon. There will be 120 cases at $16.50 a 4 pack (1 case limit). East Coast Covenant tickets go on sale tomorrow at 10AM as well.

On 8/22/2017 at 10:29 AM, Bill said:

Speak of weird beer flavors my old man is really into the gose thing and those are extremely bad to me

there are a ton of shitty goses/sours out there these days.  the great ones though...oh man.