Sign in to follow this  
wahdiohead

Doki Doki Literature Club

Im just gonna tell you guys in case you want to ruin the goddamn MAGIC, otherwise just play it

Spoiler

It's basically a post modern horror. It plays the first hour or so completely straight as a dating sim and devolves into a hellscape where the characters are aware they're in a game, addressing you as a player, begin killing themselves and having the game restart with their existence erased from the game all together. 

Moon and Palo like this

This is one of my favorite games this year :W 

i got to a point where 

Spoiler

you have to alter and delete actual game files in order to progress. Reading through some of the text files and there's portions addressed to you, telling you to stop fucking around in there and one character referred to me by my actual name :| (which they must pull from your Username in your PC or SOMETHING).

30 minutes ago, Minori said:

But it's very boring indeed until you've gone through once. You need to know something more interesting is coming to keep motivated, unless you're a boring pervert who could actually enjoy something like that.

I dont think you're their target audience, to be sure, and I think most people that are familiar with the anime/visual novel/dating sim tropes would get more out of it.

I also think the more playthroughs, the better the subversion gets, with the inevitability or "programming" of the characters despite Monika's manipulation of them into insane freaks. The Monika ending in particular is pretty interesting in that it can conceivably go on forever if you are an idiot and don't follow the hints.

that said, i think its a pretty impressive game for essentially one person at the helm

there are a number of weird cyphers in the text files, like barcodes, images and coding that people looked into that resulted in further creepy shit. 

1 hour ago, 👻 wahdioOoOohead 👻 said:

I dont think you're their target audience

i beg to differ! 

4 hours ago, Minori said:

The ploblem with this is that the first half is even duller than the games it's supposed to be a spoof of.

how would he know it's duller unless he's a connoisseur of dating sims? he wouldn't! which leads me to the only possible conclusion:

plop is obviously a closet weeb.

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°) and Salem like this

3 hours ago, 👻 wahdioOoOohead 👻 said:

that said, i think its a pretty impressive game for essentially one person at the helm

there are a number of weird cyphers in the text files, like barcodes, images and coding that people looked into that resulted in further creepy shit. 

People killing themselves isn't creepy. None of this game is creepy.