Sign in to follow this  
wahdiohead

Doki Doki Literature Club

Tbf, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Doki Doki. The horror is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the scares will go over a typical playerā€™s head. Thereā€™s also Monikaā€™s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into her characterisation- her personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these scares, to realise that theyā€™re not just scary- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Doki Doki truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldnā€™t appreciate, for instance, the dark humour in Monikaā€™s existential catchphrase ā€œJust Monika,ā€ which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenevā€™s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. Iā€™m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Salvato's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. šŸ˜‚

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Doki Doki tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. Itā€™s for the ladiesā€™ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that theyā€™re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid šŸ˜Ž

Kindergarten Plop and Lights like this