Sign in to follow this  
shakes

2018 music thread

1 hour ago, dunderhead said:

Right? Like the new version of Sgt Pepper sounds good regardless of the DR values or whatever it is they're always so concerned with

Can they not just accept it as an interesting take on a classic album? Trying to create a stereo version of the mono mix is cool idk

dude all that matters are DR values, doesn't matter how good the mix or production or songs are. Get with it you dunderhea....oh now I get it!

Panda Bear casting shade upon recent Animal Collective albums in the release note for his new EP?

I hoped to make something without frills or much embellishment, principally because I’ve found more fluff tends to equal less power.

:burnsauce:

homies.jpg

I'm excited about this

Shakes alert:

http://www.resident-music.com/productdetails&product_id=53077

G

wenno’s playful side shines through, too. daromres y’n howl (traffic in the sun) is a low, groovy tribute to cornwall’s clogged roads in the summertime, featuring gruff rhys rapping amid dissonant brass that evoke the angry horns of tourists on the a30. and gwenno’s favourite song is eus keus? (is there cheese?)

There will be a new The Good, The Bad and the Queen album next year too. It's done or almost done. That actually doesn't mean a damn thing since Damon is usually full of shit. There probably won't be Gorillaz or TGTBTQ - instead Blur will release a quadruple album.

magnets☮ likes this

i ain't agreeing that it's inherently superior :no: bc there is more logic to the other way but the fact remains this is the american way bc it's an american website coupled with the other dates listed in the same context

this is the first item on the list feel free to extrapolate yr theory from there :p

101 Tune-Yards – I can feel you creep into my private life(4AD, 1/19)

11 hours ago, ocean said:

this is the first item on the list feel free to extrapolate yr theory from there :p

101 Tune-Yards – I can feel you creep into my private life(4AD, 1/19)

i fucked up, lashings to commence in 5,4,3,2 OWWWW

A Perfect Circle released another new song yesterday:

This is the first new song that I actually like.

We'll probably be getting a new APC album before a new Tool album but who the hell knows anymore because Maynard is a temperamental fuck