Sign in to follow this  
shakes

2018 music thread

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 11:23 AM, Palo said:

Also that Justin Timberlake track was awful. It also seemed to have nothing to do with that trailer from yesterday? I suppose I understand why it could draw a Prince comparison, but that doesn't make it good. It calls back to 20ten era Prince :sick:

hmm. this has sort of been stuck in my head since I heard it. not sure what to make of that.

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:52 AM, wahdiohead said:

Milo put out another album i guess?? as Scallops Hotel this time. Breezy 24 minutes. And it's good!

this was enjoyable, but I don't see myself returning to it anytime soon. when it finished it started playing some of his older stuff under this name, and that seemed better

10 minutes ago, Palo said:

this was enjoyable, but I don't see myself returning to it anytime soon. when it finished it started playing some of his older stuff under this name, and that seemed better

yeah a few listens in, it very much feels like a "because I can" release. It's enjoyable and minimal, but coming after his album last year, it feels a bit of an afterthought.

I have a lot of fond memories of listening to zentropy but for an album that's as short as it is it has a pretty high percentage of songs that I don't actually like

also thought her last one just wasn't good at all

will still prob listen to this new one though and probably go on another kick where I listen to "leonie" on repeat a bunch this spring

c.i. likes this