Sign in to follow this  
shakes

mlb 2018

thats surprising since the outfield is full and theyre kinda forced to give pujols so many of the DH at bats

that roster seems...kinda good? provided upton remains good upton at least

The Angels lineup should be good, and I'd still expect at least one more big move to address second or third base.  Also, the pitching was actually very good last year despite all the injuries. Adding Ohtani to a (hopefully) healthy Garrett Richards can't hurt.  They should be a wild card team behind Houston.

i dont think yeah jeets is necessarily the bad guy in this whole stanton fiasco (and stanton is definitely not, ftr!) but the shit being heaped upon him as the face of it all is so satisfying. hes not even at the winter meetings to face it head on :lol: 

how long before a-rod has more baseball goodwill?

this article makes the case pretty convincingly that jeter shouldn't really be the one getting all the criticism, the actual owner bruce sherman should: 

https://www.theringer.com/mlb/2017/12/9/16756778/giancarlo-stanton-trade-miami-marlins-new-york-yankees-bruce-sherman

not that jeter isn't hilariously awful at this

he definitely shouldnt, nor should he even be The Face given how small his ownership stake is

but this was inevitable the second the league approved their ownership bid. so inevitable that im amazed jeets didnt have a script ready to go for when the outcry came in

michael pineda to twins...  :pullhair:

I mean, it's actually not a bad move at all, but the twins of old would have called this their offseason move of the year and been done, so I'm worried.