Sign in to follow this  
Phoebe Halliwell

Men Are Trash: The Megathread

2 hours ago, alien said:

:jayz: 

52 minutes ago, wahdiohead said:

i think harmon is more self aware, but i dont think it should be understated how much of the reminds me of the Lacey statement in its "I'm sorry I'm so fucked up" apology

Harmon's fanbase is fucking insane, so her putting herself in front of that is insanely brave and I hope nothing comes down on her because of it (it will).

:sadyes: 

yeah this is bullshit

Was just shown this. And a previous sub tweet I think was about me. I didn’t want to add narcissism to injury by naming you without permission, but I’ve talked on my podcast about the lines I crossed. I will talk about it more in any way that you think is just. I am deeply sorry.

i’m filled with regret and a lot of foggy memories about abusing my position, treating you like garbage. I would feel a lot of relief if you told me there was a way to fix it. I’ll let you call the shots. Til then, at least know I know I was an awful boss and a selfish baby.

I’m disgusted and sorry that I stained our show and your talent with my selfish, childish shit. I get that I can’t erase it, don’t want to, but have felt sick about it. I have kept a wall between me and coworkers and I have preached doing so as gospel because of how I treated you

good on her for responses

I wish my memories were foggier. I wish there was a way to fix it. It took me years to believe in my talents again, to trust a boss when he complimented me and not cringe when he asked for my number. I was afraid to be enthusiastic, knowing it might be turned against me later.

You want relief? So do I. I want to watch the first episode of television I wrote again without remembering what came after. Figure out how to give me that relief and I’ll return the favor.

I haven’t listened to your podcast, but I don’t think walls are the answer. Unless you put them up with male coworkers, too. Otherwise you’re falling into the Mike Pence School of Gender Relations that says men can’t be trusted with women’s phone numbers.

alien and mnemosyne like this

4 hours ago, wahdiohead said:

i think harmon is more self aware, but i dont think it should be understated how much of the reminds me of the Lacey statement in its "I'm sorry I'm so fucked up" apology

Harmon's fanbase is fucking insane, so her putting herself in front of that is insanely brave and I hope nothing comes down on her because of it (it will).

yo this reminds me of my screenplay 'the self aware serial killer' it's like seinfeld meets the scream, I mean scream

magnets☮ likes this

3 hours ago, ocean said:

:jayz: 

:sadyes: 

yeah this is bullshit

good on her for responses

When I was reading her responses I felt violently triggered. This is the language of someone hurt very badly but who has survived and become much stronger! I feel like Amber Tamblyn right now, I love my Dan Harmon but that is truly unforgivable what he did. I'm not even shocked. After watching and listening to him all this time, he's pretty open about his faults. It's just the words she uses... she is deeply hurt. I feel it.

it doesn't seem like anyone is actually surprised that harmon is a piece of shit human. community and especially rick and morty do not suggest he's someone with a healthy worldview

maybe from now on when someone's art reflects that they might be a problematic, abusive asshole , we need to take them at their word :think:

alien, psycho and ocean like this

2 minutes ago, flavor said:

yeah isnt rick and morty about how the abusive alcoholic dude is still right at the end of the day?

yes but you see, it points out that he's abusive while still being right

also, this appeals to about 2 other boarders, but im still cracking up at this

image.thumb.png.4bfc2a590e7b0db4f15e7e08c2311697.png

mnemosyne and magnets☮ like this

2 minutes ago, shakes said:

imagine making that argument, then imagine being proud enough to make a meme to promote it, then imagine being proud enough of your meme made to promote your argument that you add your name to it prominently

Imagine how many middle aged women liked that post. 

ocean, alien, psycho and 1 other like this

58 minutes ago, psycho said:

what does a non hooker wear then?

Came in with two girls, look like strippers in their real clothes
A broke hoe can only point me to a rich hoe

-Gucci Mane

1 minute ago, John McClane said:

James Franco now huh

fun right? It's weird how it seems to mostly be mostly men doing it too, when are we going to hear about the female predators?

John McClane likes this