Sign in to follow this  
Phoebe Halliwell

Men Are Trash: The Megathread

UR is releasing the results of the independent investigation into the EEOC complaint against florian jaeger this afternoon, and holding a press conference later in the day to discuss the findings. really nervous about this tbh :(  https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2018/01/10/ur-investigation-report-what-look/1019441001/

the complainants from the EEOC complaint haven't been involved in the investigation at all since they're also suing the university, so it's unclear who exactly the investigators have dealt with testimony from outside of the complaint itself. the whole BCS department is pretty much gutted at this point and most of the professors have left for other universities, while jaeger is still on paid leave. I'm hopeful that some good will come of this but the university's actions so far have been less than inspiring. every step of the way they've seemed to be bending over backwards to save face however it's most convenient and shove this under the rug while assuring students that they should feel safe without giving ANY qualified arguments to support that. everything they've said to try to appease the student body rings extremely hollow

I'm sure jaeger will ultimately be removed from faculty but that's the absolute least that should be done, the president completely botched this whole thing and should be removed, along with the rest of the administration that were complicit in covering this up and retaliating against the complainants. I don't thing anything that happens as a result of this investigation will be enough

Will Seligman survive as president?

As president of the largest employer in Rochester, Joel Seligman is one of the most powerful people in the community. Until the case against Jaeger became public, his position was considered untouchable.

Now, though, he must wait along with everyone else to see what White determines. If her report contains a sweeping denunciation of the campus culture, or a tolerance for retaliation against whistle-blowers of sexual misconduct, it is possible the Board of Trustees could move to replace him.

In a letter to faculty earlier this week, the Faculty Senate Executive Committee said it intends to work along with the administration to implement White's recommendations. The faculty has already expressed misgivings about Seligman's leadership over the last six months and could become a prominent voice calling for new leadership.

:genius:

c.i. likes this

While we credit that the ten women whom we had contact with all reported avoiding Jaeger, we also saw evidence suggesting at least one of these women occasionally sought him out during this time, which renders it difficult to evaluate the extent to which these women consistently avoided Jaeger.

what does this mean

UR President's Office <ThePresidentsOffice@rochester.edu>

3:26 PM (17 minutes ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to Benjamin
cleardot.gifTo the University Community,

Today, before I or any member of the Board of Trustees received the Mary Jo White report or learned its contents, I informed the Board of my intention to resign as President and CEO of the University of Rochester, effective February 28, 2018. Danny Wegman, the Chair of the Board of Trustees, and I exchanged letters confirming this. The texts of those letters can be read below.

It has been the greatest honor of my life to have served the University of Rochester for the last twelve and a half years. I am grateful to everyone who has served with me and am proud of the progress we have made together. I have worked tirelessly on the University’s behalf, motivated by a single overriding criterion: What is in the best interest of the University of Rochester?

It is clear to me that the best interests of the University are best served with new leadership, and a fresh perspective to focus on healing our campus and moving us forward in a spirit of cooperation and unity. I will look forward to working with the interim President when that person is named, and with a permanent President, once that person is identified after a search process.

There will be more opportunities for me to express this sentiment in the coming weeks, but for now, let me simply say, once again, “Thank you.” 

Sincerely,

Joel Seligman

President, CEO and G. Robert Witmer, Jr. University Professor

University of Rochester

:genius:

psycho and sugarface like this

On 1/10/2018 at 11:10 PM, mnemosyne said:

remember when wahlberg committed multiple hate crimes? i wonder when people are going to start caring about that

It's not even like his talent, looks, charisma or popularity would "justify" brushing his scumminess under the carpet.

Who the fuck watches a movie because that piggy eyed qunt's in it?! :|

Liam Neeson says harassment allegations are now 'a witch-hunt'

Hollywood A-lister suggests the treatment of some celebrities, such as Garrison Keillor, has been excessive

2522.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f
Liam Neeson: ‘there’s famous people, being accused of touching some girl’s knee and suddenly they’re being dropped’. Photograph: Laura Hutton/PA

GOOD!

and to be QUITE literal

does he know having someone you're not romantically involved with touch your knee during conversation is way off base creeper shit.  nothing says "i'd like to feel you up but ill just do this" like a knee touch.  ive had people ive just been polite to assume they can touch my knee to alert me they're getting up to go to the bathroom!  ya cant!  stick to the shoulder and don't feel on my leg in any way how

the worst part is when celebs speak up trying to make this all seem more reasonable than it really is, idiots, and why does it get reported?  people need nothing less than a reverse-brainwashing that appalls them and when they are not met with encouragement only then realizing in bettr health theyve had no right to have been feeling appalled etc.  like now, drop people just for making statements like this

flabbergast them all and drive it in!  start problems!  repress them!  

banh mi and ocean like this

I’d bloody love it if this was the end of all touchy feely nonsense in general.

It’s bad enough that people feeling it’s socially acceptable to make physical contact with me without my permission just makes me uncomfortable. I can’t imagine how many million times worse it must be having the genuine concern that they’re trying to cop a feel and would probably rape you if given half a chance.

that's a good one, sucks she had to get validation from so many people before she felt comfortable calling it what it is, very relatable though, your own mind is plenty bent from living in a man's world

"is this where you want me to fuck you? where do you want me to fuck you?"

"i don't want to have sex with you"

*watch tv together for 30 min* (with her sitting on the floor no less)

gets her shoulder tapped on while she's on the floor after saying she's uncomfortable and aziz asks to have his dick sucked please

then at some point during this same night they end up in front of a mirror and he finds it in himself to bend her over and asks "is this where you want me to fuck you?", again, 

and only then does she freak out and leave, but i kind of get the not leaving immediately and hoping the night doesn't end as disturbingly as it began.. and then before you know it 

blah!!!  i mean pretty bad 

ocean likes this