Sign in to follow this  
shakes

help me, an utter moron, choose a computer

5 minutes ago, eeeezypeezy said:

It has for years!

The only type I've ever had issues with are the last-gen ipod nanos, the ones that are about wristwatch sized with the teeny touchscreen. And that's only because apple specifically changed their weird proprietary database encryption on those models specifically to stop compatibility with open source software because they are dicks and I hate them.

And even with that, there was a workaround, but it did take scouring support forums and a few bash commands.

oh yeah, that's that apple shit. 

you expect shakes, an admitted utter moron, to run bash commands just to get his ipod syncing?

I've built several machines, but it's been a long time. I think the last one I built was a socket 939 machine. These days, I'd honestly rather just buy something, bring it home, and plug it in - if for no other reason than if something goes wrong with it, my wife can't blame me.

:heynow:

sugarface, eeeezypeezy and psycho like this

2 hours ago, Joshua Norton said:

I've built several machines, but it's been a long time. I think the last one I built was a socket 939 machine. These days, I'd honestly rather just buy something, bring it home, and plug it in - if for no other reason than if something goes wrong with it, my wife can't blame me.

:heynow:

goddamnit this is a good excuse excuse :stubborn: i don't think i'd ever consider building a pc for anyone but myself. sometimes i think back to putting mine together and remember what a miracle it is that it even works

On 11/30/2017 at 4:00 PM, shakes said:

i have a recent-ish gen ipod touch :) 

its exclusively how ive boarded at home for about a year now :lol: 

The truth comes out :lol:

I knew there was no way you had a smart phone 

16 hours ago, Hayato Terashima said:

The truth comes out :lol:

I knew there was no way you had a smart phone 

im fairly sure ive said many times my "mobile" boarding is an ipod, not a smart phone!!

also no i havent gotten one yet and will probbaly wait even longer for reasons both practical and shakesy

50 minutes ago, mnemosyne said:

i like how the hewlett packard logo is now some sort of superhero emblem

...is hewlett packard even a company anymore?

On 12/4/2017 at 11:55 AM, shakes said:

im fairly sure ive said many times my "mobile" boarding is an ipod, not a smart phone!!

also no i havent gotten one yet and will probbaly wait even longer for reasons both practical and shakesy

i been thinking of getting rid of mine tbh . i work on a computer all day and then i get home and look at a screen all night

althought it would make wanking more inconvenient so idk