Sign in to follow this  
deafheavensunbather

do you consider yourself to be at all "evil"

the group of humans who consider themselves evil is probably the smallest group of people in the world 

we would be a very rare place if we had even one such person here 

I bet if theamnextm made a list of people the board unanimously agrees are evil, or were evil, 99% of those people do not or did not consider themselves evil 

3 hours ago, Scorps said:

I feel like all of the most evil things I do revolve around eating animals and choosing to be ignorant to the fact that they have probably lived in terrible conditions.

It's plobably more evil of you to not feel guilty about making that post on a device that was built by humans who have definitely lived in terrible conditions :)

Scorps, magnets☮ and banh mi like this

6 hours ago, Chaddeus Maximus said:

the group of humans who consider themselves evil is probably the smallest group of people in the world 

I bet if theamnextm made a list of people the board unanimously agrees are evil, or were evil, 99% of those people do not or did not consider themselves evil 

I've read that as many as 1 in 20 people are sociopaths. 

Although they probably don't consider themselves evil, they just consider everyone else chumps. 

8 hours ago, Chaddeus Maximus said:

interesting , i don't think i agree and my question was asking if anyone considered themself to be even a little bit evil. like they can be good in most areas of their life, but regularly commit specific acts of evil.

magnets☮ likes this

4 hours ago, dhsb, dregs, shakes and 3 other's said:

interesting , i don't think i agree and my question was asking if anyone considered themself to be even a little bit evil. like they can be good in most areas of their life, but regularly commit specific acts of evil.

I've struggled all my life with feelings of being evil. Even thinking I'm the Anti-Christ (thanks Friedrich!).  I have no qualms about lying, manipulating or using others to get what I want. Also I've done some things that I should be in prison for life for and I often forget I even did those things... Like my family is pretty evil so it's not surprising that I might be too. I guess I don't really believe in the concept of EVIL. I think most of what I've done, I've done to survive or enjoy my life more. Like is it evil to do things to protect yourself from consequences that you know would be unpleasant? Isn't that just common sense? I struggle with any sort of dualistic thinking. What is survival/mental illness/environmental/familial and what is 'evil' or 'wrong'? Is it evil to lie to people when you don't trust anyone for very good reasons? Is it wrong to manipulate people into getting what I want if they don't even notice and it doesn't really affect them?? What if things other people think should be a punishable crime, I find benign? 

1 hour ago, Bobby Shmurda said:

I've struggled all my life with feelings of being evil. Even thinking I'm the Anti-Christ (thanks Friedrich!).  I have no qualms about lying, manipulating or using others to get what I want. Also I've done some things that I should be in prison for life for and I often forget I even did those things... Like my family is pretty evil so it's not surprising that I might be too. I guess I don't really believe in the concept of EVIL. I think most of what I've done, I've done to survive or enjoy my life more. Like is it evil to do things to protect yourself from consequences that you know would be unpleasant? Isn't that just common sense? I struggle with any sort of dualistic thinking. What is survival/mental illness/environmental/familial and what is 'evil' or 'wrong'? Is it evil to lie to people when you don't trust anyone for very good reasons? Is it wrong to manipulate people into getting what I want if they don't even notice and it doesn't really affect them?? What if things other people think should be a punishable crime, I find benign? 

"evil begets evil"

alien likes this

I just think he's all dicked up and confused. 

Real response: 

I've been told for years by others that I have sociopathic traits and tendencies which when I'm told I can understand... So I think by definition I'm not a sociopath and may just slightly be a dick. I've been called manipulative a lot which I don't realize I'm being at the time but can recognize in hindsight. I think it's a defense mechanism. I don't think I'm evil necessarily, but I am not the company I keep. :) 

Good talk.

ocean and alien like this