Sign in to follow this  
mogi

PLAYERUNKNOWN's Battlegrounds

Version 1.0 was released today!  If you haven't played in a while (I haven't) it has changed quite a bit! New map, new UI, vaulting system. The game runs a lot smoother in general

First early access game I've played that has made it out of beta (or even alpha). Feels good to blow some heads back again

If you want to play hit me up on steam, my handle is Bryan Silva

I've played a few games of this and I'm really bad at it!

It's super fun though. I ran into a shed to get away from a guy shooting at me, picked up a machete and got the jump on the guy pursuing me. It was fun. 

Again, not the point of my post at all. There's a learning curve with the game. My point was that it's good and fun when you're successful at it for the first time. Never said it was the first game to do what it does but it's the first battle royal game I've played personally and it's new to me. 

Before you buy it, I would try to see if you can see a write up on how it runs on the OG.

It's a ton of fun but sometimes gamebreakingly glitchy on the xbox one s.

eeeezypeezy likes this

I actually was in the top 6 when it crashed completely on me once. Best I've gotten is third place. 

My girlfriend who doesn't play shooters at all but was curious about it got 4th on her first try :lol:

eeeezypeezy and Moon like this

I was number 3 last time I played. Managed to kill three people. The late game gets really tense. Especially since the circle gets smaller faster. 

not yet, and im not sure i'd play it if they did. the game is fun, but i rather play another game if it was in first person all the time.

yeah the issues with the game are forgivable in 3rd person mode, but its borderline unplayable in first person imo. especially when playing against people who play in 3rd person

I have friends who play exclusively in first person but I can't imagine doing that. I feel like third person gives me a better sense of my surroundings. 

I think it's different on PC v. Xbox too. But yeah, if I'm sitting at my computer playing a first person shooter, it won't be PUBG.

5 hours ago, Palo said:

yeah the issues with the game are forgivable in 3rd person mode, but its borderline unplayable in first person imo. especially when playing against people who play in 3rd person

Do they not separate the two on Xbox one like they do on pc, on account of the fact that playing 3rd person against 1st person is incredibly unbalanced? 

4 minutes ago, Jonathan Trott said:

Do they not separate the two on Xbox one like they do on pc, on account of the fact that playing 3rd person against 1st person is incredibly unbalanced? 

19 hours ago, Palo said:

not yet, and im not sure i'd play it if they did. the game is fun, but i rather play another game if it was in first person all the time.

12 hours ago, Palo said:

Oops didn't see that post. It's not all the time. Well last time I played it on pc back in the summer you could choose game by game whether you wanted to play 1st or 3rd and then you were locked into that view for that match.

I wasn't clear in my post but when I said all the time I meant for a full round. I will switch into first person mode occasionally, but wouldn't want to play a full match like that on the Xbox at least. 

On 1/5/2018 at 8:46 AM, eeeezypeezy said:

I actually can't stand third person in shooters so I will not be buying this :lol:

On 1/6/2018 at 3:46 AM, Jonathan Trott said:

Oops didn't see that post. It's not all the time. Well last time I played it on pc back in the summer you could choose game by game whether you wanted to play 1st or 3rd and then you were locked into that view for that match.

FYI their patch this week is adding the first person only servers

eeeezypeezy likes this