Sign in to follow this  
Creep

a new tea thread cuz surely one exists

im going to get out the mortar and pestle and grind spices for a chai that is also sort of a tonic, then you boil it with ginger.  found it in my recipe box because i have one of those.  its great for upset stomachs and is a "warming" tea good for winter blah blah blah

what tea do you drink?  do you drink any kind of specialty beverages?  crazy kale shakes?  apple cider vinegar?  cayenne and honey?  my go-to morning tea is Irish Breakfast. : )

ocean likes this

On 6/14/2014 at 3:53 PM, Creep said:

darjeeling is the best but you really should have that 1 with milk and sugar.

On 6/23/2014 at 12:53 PM, ocean said:

loose leaf from the farmers market tbh if I'm going for standard black tea, but I have many varieties of tea, loose leaf and bagged

On 6/23/2014 at 12:57 PM, ocean said:
On 6/12/2014 at 11:16 PM, shakes said:

sugar intea Ilis for scumbags tbh

i stopped putting sugar in tea and coffee a year or two ago but occasionally if I'm having a fruit flavor I will sweeten it to enhance the fruitiness. I don't really drink fruit flavored teas that often though

On 6/23/2014 at 1:03 PM, ocean said:

Yeah chai goes well with sugar

And if I'm having black tea a little milk is nice but not mandatory

On 6/24/2014 at 12:40 AM, ocean said:

Green tea is pretty great. I drink enough coffee that I'm more likely to have a green tea later in the day than I am to have a black tea. Loose leaf green tea is sooooo much better than bagged, it never gets bitter and it's actually almost sweet

On 8/3/2014 at 12:18 AM, ocean said:

At the coffeeshop today they were advertising matcha packets to put in a bottle of water and shake? So I got one to try we'll see

On 8/3/2014 at 7:05 AM, gaia said:

That sounds terrible. Don't forget to report back.

On 8/26/2015 at 2:56 PM, ocean said:

ok so after having this sitting in my office for just over a year I was finally in the mood to try it and it's honestly quite good!

i looked at the website and it's a little expensive but so easy to make that I may just buy some more. I also saw they had sencha packets that are cheaper so I may get those to try...

Then I started going down the rabbit hole of teas and I kind of want them all I'm having a hard time narrowing my order down! I mean I get 15% off my first order so it's like if I'm gonna buy stuff no time like the present but do I really need this much tea?

pu-erh

cocoa mint

silver needle white tea

matcha genmaicha

sakura black tea

Turmeric ginger

valerian dream 

aaaaahhhhhhh

i did actually buy these packets and am still drinking them, they're good :W 

did end up buying a lot of those teas actually

On 10/9/2015 at 12:11 PM, ocean said:

^this turmeric ginger is so good for being sick I'm annoyed I forgot about it for the first few days, really hits the spot rn

im really happy with the rishi tea mug I bought with all that tea tho, it's got a screw in filter top so the loose let can be truly loose while steeping and in general I can just leave it in there and get 1-2 extra steeps if I do it within the freshness window so I get bang for my buck. also it stays hot so long, very well insulated. even when it's open it still manages to retain heat very well somehow

need to get back to the turmeric ginger bc this winter i always feel on the verge of sickness

On 3/19/2016 at 8:45 PM, ocean said:

celestial seasonings has such great teas; tension tamer is one that really helps me physically relax its so crazy if u pay attention 

been using it at night lately post-car crash, godsend 

also been occasionally doing the sleepy tea but need to make it more of an every night thing honestly

On 3/19/2016 at 10:15 PM, ocean said:

I do both ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

yesterday I had a big ol pot of coconut lemongrass green tea from trader joes 

want to buy another box of this, i finished it off a while back

alien and Creep like this