Sign in to follow this  
flavor

thread where i post excerpts from my WIP novel "Ice Prison"

'How about I make it a little... hotter... in here?' said the Ice Guard, ripping open his ice-white shirt. Buttons scattered over the frosty floor.

'Well, that's certainly one way to break the ice,' said Jon T'esh. 'Though when we're done, you'd better not give me the cold shoulder.'

John T'esh's first visitor was his wife. He was chipping ice in ice-yard Y when the ice-PA said that ICE-734-508-32 had a visitor. He jogged up the ice-road past the icehouse and into the ice-tunnel. It was four ice-flights up to ice-block F. "Visitor," he said to Walton, who let him into his ice-cell. He kept his ice shirt prepared for visits. It was rimed with powdered ice. He washed his face and combed his hair with ice. "Don't take nuttin but a windshield scraper," said the ice guard. "I know, I know, I know...." Down he went to the ice-door of the visitor's ice-room, where he was frisked. Through the ice-window he saw that his visitor was Marcia.
There were no ice-bars in the visitor's ice-room, but the ice-windows were ice-wired and open only at the top. A skinny cat couldn't get in or out, but the sounds of the Ice Prison moved in freely on the breeze. She would, he knew, have passed three sets of ice-bars - clang, clang, clang - and waited in an ice-anteroom where there were ice-pews or ice-benches, ice engines and a display of the convict's ice-art with prices stuck in the ice-frames. None of the cons could ice-sculpt, but you could always count on some wet-brain to buy an ice-vase of hoarfrost or a snowman if he had been told that the artist was a lifer. There were no ice-pictures on the ice-walls of the visitor's ice-room but there were four ice-signs that said: NO SMOKING, NO WRITING, NO EXCHANGE OF ICE OBJECTS, VISITORS ARE ALLOWED ONE ICY KISS.

holy shit flavor you're like the ice John Cheever or something

John McClane and alien like this

On 12/29/2017 at 5:48 PM, ant man bee said:

hey dude i really like what you're doing here, especially with the ice parts. i made you some cover art if you need it, but don't forget to pay me

5a46d4151bf9e_iceprison.jpg.a437094072155514d546f17e292e35e8.jpg

I badly need this novel in my life right now  *cracks whip* @flavor get back to work!

John McClane and magnets☮ like this