Sign in to follow this  
ant man bee

Tootsie Rolls

Good or Bad???  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Good or Bad???

• Good
    • Bad
    • They're alright. I guess I'll eat 'em if they're around.

Korean War[edit]

During the Battle of Chosin Reservoir in 1950, mortar sections under the United States Marine Corps started to run out of mortar rounds. The radio men of these sections started requesting more rounds. There were too many nearby enemy anti-air emplacements however, and the risk that they might lose any airlifted supplies was too great, so they had to wait. After two days of waiting, all the mortar sections ran out of rounds. At this point they accidentally ordered hundreds of crates of Tootsie Roll candies instead of mortar rounds. This was because some elements of the United States military had used "tootsie rolls" as code for mortar rounds.[10]

psycho and ant man bee like this

I give them a pass for not being chocolate because they don't claim to be chocolate. Unlike Hershey's.

Tootsie rolls are ok, but Tootsie roll pops are nom-nom-nom, especially when you're chewing on the center and there's bits of the sucker that you're crunching on, too. 

Where's the option for "never tried them"? :angry: Anti Brit bias once again. I'm sure they're awful though. 

Also, I don't know if it's common at all in the UK (I doubt it), but I DID live near a shop that sold Twinkies for a while. I bought one out of curiosity and it was like a shite swiss roll, only not rolled up, and with nae jam. Still sort of liked it though :lol: 

6 minutes ago, wahdiohead said:

My grandfather was a navy corpsman at the battle of the chosin reservoir. I've heard plenty of stories about his experience there, but never heard about that.

3 hours ago, wahdiohead said:

these are the boys im talkin bout tho:

Image result for tootsie frooties

whoa never had these, would try 

3 hours ago, Do They Know It's pentaChristmas? said:

Tootsie rolls are ok, but Tootsie roll pops are nom-nom-nom, especially when you're chewing on the center and there's bits of the sucker that you're crunching on, too. 

YAS 

plain tootsie rolls take me back to a weird event at goofy camp competitions where one person from each cabin competed to like find and eat tootsie rolls buried in whipped cream without using their hands or something? i did it at least once or twice but can't remember what they called it

https://my-sweet-addiction.com/2012/10/29/tootsie-rolls-size-does-matter/

Tootsie Rolls (size does matter)

Posted on October 29, 2012 by sweetaddict

screen-shot-2012-10-27-at-9-12-58-pm.jpg

When it comes to Tootsie Rolls, fatter is better.

The thicker the rolls, the chewier the candy. Those midgees (the bottom two) are tiny and tough. The best size in my humble oppinion are the ones that are about 2″ long, the one in the center of the above photo. They are  nice and chewy, and the perfect snack size.

You can find them in those big bags of assorted candy that has Dots, and Tootsie Pops.  They don’t last long in my bank’s candy bowl, and they are one of my favorite Halloween treatsto take from my kids’ candy bags. (Oh admit it, you do it, too…)

Thanks to Candywarehouse.com for the photo.

the last time I had a tootsie roll was september 20th 2014
I remember because it was actually a psychedelic tootsie roll. 
looked and tasted just like any other tootsie roll.
same wrapper everything seemed normal

it was not normal

=michelle pinetree

ant man bee and ocean like this

14 hours ago, I am a damn ass bunny said:

more like

tootsie-fruit-rolls-5lb-4.gif

oh boy, can't wait to eat this little pellet of a candy in a yellow and brown wrapper

THESE are the ONES. 

:jackyes: 

On 1/4/2018 at 6:24 PM, wahdiohead said:

these are the boys im talkin bout tho:

Image result for tootsie frooties

I LOOVE frooteeeeeeeeeeeees!!!1

BLAST FROM THE PAST!

I feel like doing a really weird thing and seeing if i can buy these in bulk online right now?

wahdiohead likes this

the "flavored" tootsie rolls are really not that good in compare.  

fruitys are my top fruit candy pick, along with Mambas and the Sour Mamba.  i cant think of anything else that even comes close except maybe those sour straws.

but those are weird, hard time considering them a proper runner up.  basically they're amped up tubular fruit snacks that i used to use to drink my limonata out of because obviously i have no issues with sugar

ocean likes this

On 1/4/2018 at 7:40 PM, Do They Know It's pentaChristmas? said:

Those grape ones were my favorite candy for a long time

pentachris likes this