deafheavensunbather

songs that make you want to cry

5 minutes ago, John McClane said:

NIN - Hurt

Bob Dylan - Buckets of Rain

Flaming Lips - Waitin' for a Superman
Neil Young - Ambulance Blues

Soundgarden - Like Suicide

I had to stop listening to TFL back in 2009 cause I was like "this band just makes me cry all the time" and then they started to suck and I felt okay about that choice.

the biggest bird likes this

11 minutes ago, c.i. said:

songs ohia - whip poor will

the blue nile - because of toledo

nico - these days

cat power - colors and the kids

those are the big ones

ugh yes! to the nico and cat power, I will attempt the other two on a day I'm not so sad

2 minutes ago, flavor said:

tons of songs make me cry but the only one that fucks me up so bad i never wanna hear it again is dreamer by tiny vipers

just in case you think flavor is joking... he's deeper than you thought:

outside my head i cast a shadow
im not someone whose seen this side of me
but it drifts across the ground so down i look
and i could spend my time wondering who i was
i could count the times that i have lost or won
i could turn towards you and ask you what you saw
but what do these feelings mean?

come meet me on this path of wonder
take my hand i'd like to share with you
what can we learn when we cant understand?
we could spend our time wondering what could be
we could ask of God to show us where we stand
you could follow me back to where we met
but what have you been dreaming of?

im going(?) to live
but im living far away

im going (?) to die
im dying for a way out 

im dying for a way out

okay so there's this comp called The Sound of the Smiths
<my ex, the one who I am utterly hung up on half a decade later>
and every song utterly destroys me because I had literally never heard a single Smith's song until I met him and one time we were both tripping on 2CI and we were laying in a bed and he put these Bose headphones on me and told me he was about to change my world and he played:

And I just don't think anyone should be allowed to fuck someone for four straight hours and then play this for someone... while looking at you with love 

so but seriously there are some Smith's songs more than others....
this one 

and this one:

and this one:

and this one:

and this one:

Are we out of tears yet?

ocean likes this

I remember thinking the most romantic thing was that my bf wanted to die in a car crash with me. Wtf is wrong with my ability to process hormones and chemicals, it's all fucked?

nothing is as romantic

as two people dying in a drunken drug filled love fest

we had

people paying us

to give them

things to kill themselves.

We felt like doctors.

Never before I became a parent. But now, as the parent of a teenager, this one is really hitting home.

I was more than a little surprised to find myself tearing up when this one came on the radio one day.

Cheesy, I know. But classic. And, damn if it doesn't nail it for me:

alien, dunderhead and Kemper Boyd like this

8 minutes ago, PopTodd said:

Never before I became a parent. But now, as the parent of a teenager, this one is really hitting home.

I was more than a little surprised to find myself tearing up when this one came on the radio one day.

Cheesy, I know. But classic. And, damn if it doesn't nail it for me:

Ironic really, since Graham Nash raised an absolute monster of a son.

shakes, c.i., alien and 1 other like this

1 minute ago, Ploppy New Year said:

Ironic really, since Graham Nash raised an absolute monster of a son.

Graham Nash: 'I Don't Want Anything to Do With' David Crosby

In my teens I'd started really testing my parents to see how far I could push the money thing. Once, when I was 13 and on tour alone with my dad, I'd ordered a tuna sandwich and a glass of milk from room service, and tipped the guy who brought it 50$, (five times the bill) just to see if anyone (Dad) would say anything. No one ever said anything. This pattern continued and escalated. Would my folks say anything if I bought a girlfriend a 500$ outfit? Nope. What if I smashed up my first car (a Mercedes) hitting trash cans with it? I got a new car. What if I missed my flight to join everyone in Hawaii for the holidays because I'd accidentally sank that new car in a mud pit while chasing rabbits off road when I should have been driving to LAX? Hire tow truck, buy new flight. My antics were considered hilarious and were told and retold as amusing anecdotes. Teach your children well, their father's hell did slowly go by. And feed them on your dreams, the one they picks, the one you'll know by.

8 minutes ago, Ploppy New Year said:

In my teens I'd started really testing my parents to see how far I could push the money thing. Once, when I was 13 and on tour alone with my dad, I'd ordered a tuna sandwich and a glass of milk from room service, and tipped the guy who brought it 50$, (five times the bill) just to see if anyone (Dad) would say anything. No one ever said anything. This pattern continued and escalated. Would my folks say anything if I bought a girlfriend a 500$ outfit? Nope. What if I smashed up my first car (a Mercedes) hitting trash cans with it? I got a new car. What if I missed my flight to join everyone in Hawaii for the holidays because I'd accidentally sank that new car in a mud pit while chasing rabbits off road when I should have been driving to LAX? Hire tow truck, buy new flight. My antics were considered hilarious and were told and retold as amusing anecdotes. Teach your children well, their father's hell did slowly go by. And feed them on your dreams, the one they picks, the one you'll know by.

What the FUCK did your parents do for a living?!

alien likes this

10 minutes ago, Ploppy New Year said:

That's a quote from Graham Nash's son!

Sorry to burst your song bubble.

Sounds like a prick.

But my song bubble is not burst. Still a great song. Still gives me the feels.

alien and dunderhead like this

remember when this came out ?  I really enjoyed this song until Iggy exposed herself on twitter. Now it makes me cry

tears of happiness for

Charli
-XCXC Gossip Girl

And, of course it's because I can relate, but there are a couple of my own songs that occasionally make me tear up when I sing them.

One about my son; one about a friend.

7 minutes ago, alien said:

remember when this came out ?  I really enjoyed this song until Iggy exposed herself on twitter. Now it makes me cry

tears of happiness for

Charli
-XCXC Gossip Girl

omg apparently after you destroy yourself in the US you can still make millions upon millions attaching your name to shit other people did in other countries like Brazil. Damn Iggy is making bank off Brazil. So this is how people stay rich... when they fuck things up