shakes

what did you just buy?

just bought Bitches Brew and Cloudland Canyon Fin Eaves LPs so i can frame the covers. with the two I already owned it will look like this (did a visualisation for the wife) -

uAFeQzJ.png

rossiter likes this

yeah i did that a while back and then ended up buying way more when i started again

tho i did finally buy the other people place lp which makes everything ok

yeah i did that a while back and then ended up buying way more when i started again

Yep, this is pretty much what happens to me but I need a change of lifestyle so giving it another crack. I'm sure I'll fall off the wagon in spectacular fashion.

dont think ive gone a week without buying anything in years tbh

ive got about 5 places in the area that i always find shit at and i usually get to at leastone or two per week.

plus add in the inevitable online order

i always say ill cool it on the buying new stuff to spend more time with older favorites but i never do :w

if i hadn't gotten into download the lossless records with hi-res artwork (when i can find it), i would be buying a lot more than i do now.  but it's still hard for me to go without buying albums, damn.

The_Great_White_Wonder.jpg

cuz moose and that other dude wouldnt stfu about them in that one thread recently!!!!!! (ive never heard them haha)

I think you might actually like it!!

Because basically you'd have to be a fun Nazi not to imo

the 'i'm in you' guitar solo :shred:

meh

half the fun of music collecting is randomyl finding shit you had no idea about or werent looking for or w/e

cant get that feeling from a download imO!

you also wouldnt download  acar!

You wouldn't download a taco...

tony molina - dissed and dismissed

spacemen 3 - the perfect prescription 

Spacemen 3 is something I had never heard before this and I went into the store looking for some Spiritualized. The bitter old dude working the counter had no idea about the band when I asked, so I figured they must be awesome because that guy was terrible. I jumped right in and have no regrets tbh! Amaazing album, Velvets in Space etc.

spacemen 3 - the perfect prescription 

Spacemen 3 is something I had never heard before this and I went into the store looking for some Spiritualized. The bitter old dude working the counter had no idea about the band when I asked, so I figured they must be awesome because that guy was terrible. I jumped right in and have no regrets tbh! Amaazing album, Velvets in Space etc.

well done! :clap:

now get the rest of their catalog!

the bitter old dude at my shop got me into the 13th floor elevators

"try the mono mix"

-the bitter old dude at my shop

was the clerk jack black? are you literally in the movie high fidelity?

he looks more like charlie brown tbh

rad dude imo, even though ima lways afraid to make small talk with him

if i hadn't gotten into download the lossless records with hi-res artwork (when i can find it), i would be buying a lot more than i do now.  but it's still hard for me to go without buying albums, damn.

seriously? you have problems.

seriously? you have problems.

which part is the problem?  i still buy tons of music and all.  i'm just saying one of my main reason for said buying was always because i wanted a lossless copy.  i can't understand if you are saying i have problems because i download music illegally (surely everyone here does that all the time) or because...i don't even know.

i don't download music illegally now that i use spotify. it's kind of destroyed my urge to go on album downloading binges. anything i really want i just buy the vinyl and end up with a download code or whatever. it's been pretty nice, actually. kind of rekindling the passion, so to speak.

over the weekend I bought:

Vangelis - Albedo 0.39

The Pentangle - Sweet Child ..kind of shitty sleeve, but the record plays nicely.

Group Doueh - Zayna Jumma

just ordered a few albums on discogs the last couple days as well. i need to check what i bought.

Peach likes this

i don't get why its 'hard to go without buying albums' if you're downloading them. If you weren't downloading them and still not buying albums then sure, that would be tough.

Justin doesn't sign his posts anymore?! what the fuck?!

Also, yeah, I rarely download albums now, only if it's a new release and I can't wait for the vinyl / want to see if it's worth buying.

95% of the music I listen to I now listen to on record. I like that.

I'm 70% albums

10% YouTube

15% Spotify

3% Bandcamp

2% Google Play (illegal downloads)

I'll always need the internet to sample and try stuff out, but if I'm home, the turntable is most likely spinning.