• Dark Souls
    • Dark Souls 2
    • Dark Soul 3
  2. 3. Best runner-up?

• Demon's Souls
    • Dark Souls
    • Dark Souls 2
    • Dark Soul 3

the problem with instant parries is you don't have to learn any patterns. you just have to wait till you get swung at. it's low risk, high reward and you have no incentive to ever attack. normal parries require a bit of prediction and skill, especially when you learn how to bait certain attacks that are easier to parry.

also instant parry encourages long range attacks

:lol: bet you're using a hex build or some shit. not that they're particularly hard bosses, it's just a hunch I get

+5 halberd and level 80 brah. I did use pyromancy for the rats though

Just about done with DLC. Just killed Sihn, fantastic fight. It was chaotic and challenging, one of the better boss fights in DS2. Now I've just got the last optional boss fight dubbed by many as the Gank Squad. It's such a stupid and useless fight, poorly designed. It's a shame considering how good the last fight was. Now I'm in this weird position where I want to be all dlc prior to ng+

Any one play DS1 on PC? I just started a character the other day and it seems like all online functionality is done. I haven't seen a single message other than the ones built in to tutorial. I started as a Mage, realized I missed hand to hand combat and I'm now leveling up dex and Str. Fuck mages. It makes it so easy.

I might get DS2

But some people tell me that DS1 is the better game and it's better suited for beginners. But then people say the same thing about 2 as well :wacko:

I'm gonna be playing it on PC.

Any one play DS1 on PC? I just started a character the other day and it seems like all online functionality is done. I haven't seen a single message other than the ones built in to tutorial. I started as a Mage, realized I missed hand to hand combat and I'm now leveling up dex and Str. Fuck mages. It makes it so easy.

Look up the network fix.

What do you guys play this on?

It seems like a game that I would enjoy most on the PC. But it would also be cool to play it on the same platform as you guys tbh

I might get DS2

But some people tell me that DS1 is the better game and it's better suited for beginners. But then people say the same thing about 2 as well :wacko:

DS2 is the most beginner-friendly but that defeats the purpose of Souls.  Demon's Souls was one of the most impactful games I've ever played.  Best atmosphere of the series and that's really what it's all about. Would be a shame to have that diminished by playing DS2 first, which has by far the weakest world design imo.

I might get DS2

DS2 is the most beginner-friendly but that defeats the purpose of Souls.  Demon's Souls was one of the most impactful games I've ever played.  Best atmosphere of the series and that's really what it's all about. Would be a shame to have that diminished by playing DS2 first, which has by far the weakest world design imo.

It's the weakest of the 3 but still a great starting point for any one. I assume you played DeS first? For me DS1 had the biggest impact on me, it's the one I played first. Well technically I tried DeS for about an hour and couldn't really figure it out (didn't know you could go to different worlds at any point in time). But I loved the world design in DS1, it was all connected and felt like a giant living world. Where DeS felt like Mario...lets go to 1-1 then 1-2 then 5-1 and so on. It's a great game but I felt like DS1 did just about everything better.

Any ways that doesn't matter, just buy one of them on PC most of us play on there. If you have a PS3 you should definitely pick up Demon Souls though. You need to play them all.

I might get DS2

yeah but this way he's not missing out on an active community and by far the best pvp in the series