ihggy-GP

Post Yr Tunes

One of my favorite ES songs right there. You did it justice imo. 

This is probably one of the worst things I could choose as my first upload. The vocals are utter shit, recorded in a drunken haze. I think the music was too actually. But I still like it for some reason. Some TwinShadbro for you.

Klee likes this

yeh, i honestly listend to and liked everything in this whole thread! you guys are all doing great things. also heretic pride that song sounds great to me and klee you should record all your stuff on a tin can if it sounds like that.

Burt Reynolds, getting heavy mclusky vibes on that second track, i am INTO it.

some news from Bad C's

This is great

Hey, thanks man! I appreciate it. We're about due to record some new songs pretty soon. We've got an older EP on the bandcamp as well incase you didn't see it on there.

Who's going to setup The Annex music fest? :jammin:

The main reason I'm posting this is because I'm unsure of the quality...it's more straightforward than what I've done previously.

A few tracks from an upcoming album of electronic psych about a sentient city in the future that euthanizes itself after humans have become extinct. Without us to occupy it, it realizes that it has no function and is an obstacle to the development of nature.

Some of these songs are works-in-progress, and others may not make the album. I am trying to whittle an hour and a half of music down to 40-50 minutes.

There will be two versions of the album: the regular version and a version specifically mixed for headphone listening, and that one will have more tracks too. It will be the "self-indulgent" version. I would like the regular version to be over an hour long, but since very few albums have more than 40 minutes of good music, I like to try to honour the time constraints of vinyl. I think the the physical limitations enforced a discipline regarding song selection and length that has been lost with CDs and digital formats. So this new album will be both: there will be a respectful version that acknowledges that some songs aren't all that great, and another one that says "It's all fuckin awesome, maaaan!"

It will be finished towards the end of the summer.

Placeholder album cover courtesy of Rough Guides, more photos of abandoned places can be seen at www.roughguides.com/gallery/abandoned-places

Klee likes this

Some cool jams. I've never listened to National Park Service before, I don't think, but I'm into that droney stuff, sounds pretty nice!

This is a kind of ambient piece Sean Lew and I did like 7 years ago, I think, we were maybe 18 yo, not sure... 

http://dolphinfriendly.bandcamp.com/track/a-pug-dream

The rest of the album is all over the place.... 

The main reason I'm posting this is because I'm unsure of the quality...it's more straightforward than what I've done previously.

A few tracks from an upcoming album of electronic psych about a sentient city in the future that euthanizes itself after humans have become extinct. Without us to occupy it, it realizes that it has no function and is an obstacle to the development of nature.

Some of these songs are works-in-progress, and others may not make the album. I am trying to whittle an hour and a half of music down to 40-50 minutes.

There will be two versions of the album: the regular version and a version specifically mixed for headphone listening, and that one will have more tracks too. It will be the "self-indulgent" version. I would like the regular version to be over an hour long, but since very few albums have more than 40 minutes of good music, I like to try to honour the time constraints of vinyl. I think the the physical limitations enforced a discipline regarding song selection and length that has been lost with CDs and digital formats. So this new album will be both: there will be a respectful version that acknowledges that some songs aren't all that great, and another one that says "It's all fuckin awesome, maaaan!"

It will be finished towards the end of the summer.

Placeholder album cover courtesy of Rough Guides, more photos of abandoned places can be seen at www.roughguides.com/gallery/abandoned-places

yo i started playing this and went to a bunch of different tabs. about three tabs in i realized i was listening to something really fucking cool. i'm not really big on concept songs but i dig this

we should collab :P

edit: oh wait i think i was talking about the song after the 20 second sample

That's pretty cool! I'm unfamiliar with the samples you used - what did you do to them?

Thanks!  The first couple seconds of Arve Henriksen - Migration are used for the beat, and the first couple seconds of Food Astral are the percussion in the midsection.  The brass was just a second of trumpet from Migration, I assigned that to my midi keyboard and played the melody.

Here's one with vocals.  Made this one up as I went so don't read into it any, mainly just wanted to test out the new mic I bought.  Second half has a Gillian Welch sample