Sign in to follow this  
lukin?

What Are You Playing?

Sure, but most daft opinions don't go unchecked anywhere, I've never really seen it go over the top with the personal stuff. It seems to mostly be pretty tame in comparison but I missed most of that stuff anyway.

I just think everyone's obsession with making this such a paradise of perfect discussion is so far from what it will actually be. I just want to goof off, talk about games and slag someone off when they post something stupid, and I hope I would be included in that because it can be good natured and still barbed imo

I'm not trying to make this some kind of on-topic utopia where everyone is perfectly polite. Check servy's dumb opinions, please, I do it all the time....I just somehow manage to do it without posting tirades based on whatever personal details he's given up.  

I just think everyone's obsession with making this such a paradise of perfect discussion is so far from what it will actually be. I just want to goof off, talk about games and slag someone off when they post something stupid, and I hope I would be included in that because it can be good natured and still barbed imo

I agree with all of ^ this ^

I've never really seen it go over the top with the personal stuff

I have!

I usually stay from personal stuff in general because it's easy and since I've stayed relatively private on atease (v1), it's just not a can of worms I feel like opening. Mostly I've seen poor jokes and jokes about his art and work and most has been pretty tame, but i wont act like it's not happening or that it's been worse than whatever I've seen but it's never been plops/normi 

e:  not in this thread, YET anyway, I just saw:

These two posts:

That's servbot, just so everyone knows.

Absolutely sickening.

servbot do you realise people have migrated over to this digital for the very purpose of avoiding you. 

there must be something very wrong with you that you want to actually post here, knowing this.  :lol:

Followed by this shit when I point out that he's literally just crying about someone else's existence:

Why can't you just stay out of this? It wasn't a deciding factor for you leaving atease (v1) (v1), we get that. Picture this, the way you feel about why don't you marry him is the way I feel about servbot. There is nae point to me posting here anymore if he's going to be here as well.

"this is between me and the guy I can't let off of for two seconds, please let me cry about it in peace"

Ethan, if you were so angry at me going on about servbot all the time on the last forum, then surely you see why it would be best he didn't post on here? If it's not me it WILL be someone else. Kyle for a long time was the absolute most vicious to him for ages until he tempered down for some reason. The people who started this board (the radiothread lads) hated him as well. There will be always someone that hates him with a passion. 

And this is precisely what I meant by going against the grain.

i guess i dont look into his posts the way you do? those duck posts are easy for me to gloss over as borderline hyperbole that's just kind of how he posts. to be honest, there is little reason to post here (digital), it's the same threads talking about the same shit with the same people as atease (v1). There's no incentive to post here over the other

Ethan, if you were so angry at me going on about servbot all the time on the last forum, then surely you see why it would be best he didn't post on here?

:wacko:

How about just stop fixating on him and going attack-dog every time he posts without even addressing what he actually said.  I could have gone forever without knowing or caring that PseudoNymph was servbot on atease.

i guess i dont look into his posts the way you do? those duck posts are easy for me to gloss over as borderline hyperbole that's just kind of how he posts. to be honest, there is little reason to post here (digital), it's the same threads talking about the same shit with the same people as atease (v1) (v1). There's no incentive to post here over the other

It's just a pattern that's on my last nerve, and I called it out there too.

Post both places, post on one or the other, whatever floats your boat man :shrug:

I just don't see that big of a difference to how it's ever been, I don't see "watered down."  Atease is nearly dead now but that's been the trend for a long time now.  I think this board is a symptom, not the disease, in that case...

even though ethan won't admit it, one of the main reasons he left was because he wouldn't have to deal with boarders he hated anymore (why don't you marry him and co.) Apparently me being proactive about a boarder I thought I wouldn't have to deal with anymore is so bad. 

:lol: oh please...

I didn't leave, for starters.  I still post there when there's something I want to reply to, which is admittedly happening less and less by the day now.

And I joined here because it looked like it could be fun, less insular and self-referential.

Then either make it better or go away?  Idk what you want from me here I'm afraid.

I've had some fun in the chatterbox and in the music/movies forums, and it's definitely less insular and less self-referential there.  Digi is basically the only board on here that's the same people saying the same things tbh.

Oh sorry we don't have the credentials for criticizing the board in any minor way.

You can criticize all you want I didn't tell you to shut up, I'm just saying...maybe it'd be more fun if you idk posted some.

you all have barely any posts, have barely done anything except talk to each other here....

almost half my posts are in the sports forum

Cool!

This has mutated into you guys asking me to answer for everything you don't like about this board, my point was just that duck should stfu about servy he hasn't even done anything yet except exist.

This has mutated into you guys asking me to answer for everything you don't like about this board, my point was just that duck should stfu about servy he hasn't even done anything yet except exist.

We're not asking you for anything :lol: 

So I just started playing Dark Souls 2. So far so good. I'm just getting out of Majula or w/e and running into the zombies/thugs/green guys. Fighting four at once is pretty fun :) i'm only like 30min in though

My first 6 deaths were to the pigs in Majula. :w

:lol: I'm not butthurt. Why are you making this about me? There are other people in this thread who are taking the pish out of you. I would even argue that people found your arguing for the sake of it/backseat moderating/obsession with things being on topic shite was more tedious than my occasional tiff with servbot.

Oh my bad then, it seemed like me saying I was tired of the duck/servy feud turned into you basically asking me to defend this board.

its just a bit stupid to think we'd have a better place to voice an opinion on this board had we posted more in the Could you date a handicapped person? thread

I was just saying you'd probably have more fun and find it less insular if you participated in the threads where people are talking about things :|  I wasn't trying to invalidate anyone's opinion....

Oh my bad then, it seemed like me saying I was tired of the duck/servy feud turned into you basically asking me to defend this board.

its just a bit stupid to think we'd have a better place to voice an opinion on this board had we posted more in the Could you date a handicapped person? thread

I was just saying you'd probably have more fun and find it less insular if you participated in the threads where people are talking about things :|  I wasn't trying to invalidate anyone's opinion....

your solution is to post more to be more included :| that's how it works with anything insular! that's how atease was, how is that different

You weren't trying to invalidate anyone opinion by saying we weren't qualified to criticize the board?

I never said you weren't qualified to criticize the board :lol:  Go read that again ihp, I was saying, like, well, if you don't find it fun maybe it's because you aren't really playing with it...

your solution is to post more to be more included :| that's how it works with anything insular! that's how atease (v1) was, how is that different

insularity is about points of entry to a conversation.  if a newbie walks into a thread about how terrible servbot is, not only are they not going to know what's going on, they're not going to give a fuck.  if they walk into a thread where servbot is terrible because he said something stupid that they just read, that's easy to jump into.  The old board had a culture that was impenetrable, and this new board could very well end up with the same thing if we aren't careful.