Sign in to follow this  
lukin?

What Are You Playing?

34 minutes ago, mnemosyne said:

the cum monster in the evil within 2 :lol::lol: 

silent hill creator: ah yes, this must represent Sebastian's repressed sexual urges, ever lurking dangerously

Evil within creator: word yeah, it's a cum monster

ant man bee likes this

Started Cuphead today. I'm pretty bad at it but it seems good so far. The first non-boss area actually gave me more trouble than the first boss (who I beat on my third try). 

The non-boss areas also feel tacked on and not nearly as inspired as the bosses.  

I also have just started Cuphead and I agree the bosses are a lot better. The second Run and gun section is so fucking annoying, Treetop Trouble. The bit where you climb vertically past those bees is doing my fucking head in, especially when the rest of the level before and after is so easy.

Palo and Moon like this

6 hours ago, mnemosyne said:

i think i'm becoming slightly addicted to splatoon 2

i also played the first episode of lis:bts. it was good! very good, even!

Same here. It’s incredibly addictive.

i wish the rank modes didn’t shift though, but I understand why. All I want to play is Clam Blitz. Actually, that’s all I want irl.

once it switches to rainmaker, I’m out.

I should get back to Splatoon 2 at some point. It's been months since I've played it but I really enjoyed what I did play.

Do you guys play with motion controls? Lots of people insist on it but it seems kinda bad in handheld mode. 

Palo likes this

:facepalm: why does nintendo have to make everything this huge ordeal

Fortunately I made it to B rank in Clam Blitz and that's around the time everybody starts working as a team, and, man, is that mode good when you have people who are at least decent.

I would love to get there in rainmaker, but getting out of the c-ranked mire of that mode is just too taxing because you're often paired with people who are either playing it for the first time, didn't read the rules, don't understand the map and grab the rainmaker anyway, rush the rainmaker, or are just on the other side of the map for no reason and can't pave the way or protect you when you have it. It's doable, but I don't like wasting my time with it.

6 hours ago, wahdiohead said:

I also don't think you can party, so we'd be playing against each other at times too 

I think you can in ranked? 

I found out it was shit with in 15 minutes of the beta. 

Dirt rally in VR is wonderful. It feels so natural, a lot easier than the standard game because you can tell much easier that "yep, I need to slow down". Also it's nice to sit on your arse comfortably and play a vr game. 

Just wanted a wee ranty.

Spoiler

This chap at work (he's in his 50s) talks to me about games a lot. He always knows when games are coming out and how they were rated and all sorts of crap about VR and television technology and all that, and he's been building computers since the 80s so obviously he's an absolute NERD. His wife nearly left him a few years ago when she gave him an ultimatum and said he had to choose between her and World of Warcraft (he reluctantly chose her). HOWEVER, as much as he goes on about loving games, he's only ever seemed to actually play Diablo 3 and Elder Scrolls Online in the last several years I've known him. That's fine, but the strange thing is he's literally always buying games ('buying' as in clicking purchase on Steam or PSN, but not actually downloading them or ever playing them :|). Hundreds of £s a month!

He bought Persona 5 for full price on the PSN as soon as it was released (£65 I think?) and keeps asking me how it's going, but hasn't actually started it himself because he says he doesn't want to start a long game when there are so many games coming out this year that he's looking forward to, such as The Last of Us 2. I said I didn't know you even liked the first one and he said, 'I haven't played it yet... but I've got it!' He also bought Yakuza 0 on my recommendation last year and never even started it. I've asked him about it a few times and he says he's waiting for Yakuza 6 to be released in a few months so he can play that first :| What better place to start to than the prequel! He won't play it anyway. He was trying to talk to me about Red Dead Redemption once, but all he knew about it was the part up until you first ride a horse, which if I remember correctly was about five minutes in. He bought not only Uncharted 1, 2, 3, 4 and that new spin-off one, but also the separate collection of games 1-3. Same for the Mass Effects.

He says he 'enjoys collecting them', but is that really collecting when you're basically just purchasing unused download codes? What is there to enjoy about doing that? Whenever I try to get an answer he laughs it off. I say, 'Why not just buy a game when you want to play it? Because it'll obviously be far cheaper then, several years after it's been released,' and he says, 'Well I don't know when I might want to play them' :| I don't get it! Talking to him makes me fucking FURIOUS!

Scorps, ant man bee and Moon like this